The Point Church food pantry now provides free bagged groceries, a hot meal and clothing from 11 a.m. to noon Saturdays at two locations: 1503 Walnut St., Cary, and 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Christ the King Preschool is enrolling ages 2-5, including a pre-kindergarten transition class, for the 2015-2016 school year. The preschool is at 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, call preschool director Beth Hollander at 919-460-0950 or go to tinyurl.com/CTK-Register-For-Preschool.
Never miss a local story.
Fellowship Preschool is enrolling ages 2-4 for the 2015-2016 school year. Hours of operation are from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and the preschool is at 1788 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For more information, call Becki Rossi at 919-380-0533.
Easter celebrations & events
▪ Jordan Lutheran Church will host an Easter egg hunt for children in fifth grade or younger from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at White Oak Park, 1216 Jenks Carpenter Road, Cary.
▪ Ambassador Presbyterian Church will host a free Easter Festival and Egg Hunt for ages 12 and younger from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 28, at 1010 Schieffelin Road, Apex. There will be carnival-style games and prizes, inflatables, crafts and a hot dog lunch. The rain date is Saturday, April 4. For details, call 919-249-0230 or go to www.ambassadorpres.org.
▪ Saints Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Church’s Saint Nicholas Pascha Market will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 28, at 2510 Piney Plains Road, Cary. The market includes food and decorations. A demonstration on making traditional butter lambs will be at 11 a.m.
▪ Sunrise United Methodist Church will host an Easter egg hunt from 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at 5420 Sunset Lake Road, Holly Springs.
▪ Westwood Baptist Church will host an Easter drive-thru at 8 p.m. Friday, April 3, with adults and children in costume telling the story of Easter at 200 Westhight St., Cary.
▪ Westwood Baptist Church will host a children’s egg hunt and puppet show at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 4, at 200 Westhight St., Cary.
Holy Week Services
▪ Genesis United Methodist Church will host worship services at 9 a.m. and 11:20 a.m. Sunday, March 29; 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 1; and 7 p.m. Thursday, April 2, at 850 High House Road, Cary.
▪ Westwood Baptist Church will host a Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 2; a sunrise service at 6:45 a.m. and an Easter service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 5, at 200 Westhigh St., Cary.
Palm Sunday worship services
▪ White Plains United Methodist Church will host a Palm Sunday worship service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, March 29, at 313 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ Westwood Baptist Church will host a Palm Sunday worship service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, March 29, at 200 Westhigh St., Cary.
Ori Naftaly Band
A concert by the Ori Naftaly Band will be at 5 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at Beth Shalom Synagogue, 5713 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh. A question and answer session will follow. Tickets for adults cost $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Tickets for students and seniors cost $6 in advance or $8 at the door. For information, call 919-858-7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For tickets, go to bit.ly/1xscKhq.
Genesis United Methodist Church will host a free concert by Free Spirit from the University of Mount Olive at 7 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at 850 High House Road, Cary. For information, call the church office at 919-467-2128.
Easter art display
Triangle Community Church at 4216 Kildaire Farm Road, Apex, has an exhibit on display of paintings by local artists depicting Jesus’ final week before his death on the cross. There is live music and a life-sized cross for reflection. The display is available Thursday, April 2, before (6-7 p.m.) and after (8-9 p.m.) a worship service and Friday, April 3 from noon to 7 p.m. For details, go to www.tcc.org.
Regeneration Addiction Support Group
Good Hope Baptist Church will host Regeneration Addiction Support Group for adults affected by any addiction, their friends and family members at 7 p.m. Mondays in FLC room 110 at 6628 Good Hope Baptist Church Road, Cary. The group is confidential. For details, go to goodhopechurch.org.
Holly Springs United Methodist Church hosts “There is a Solution” Alcoholics Anonymous group meetings from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 108 Avent Ferry Road.
Sisters in Support
White Plains United Methodist Church hosts a support group for women who had or currently have breast cancer from 7-8:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at 313 SE Maynard Road, Cary. For more information, email Lee Heathcoat at email@example.com.
Family support ministry meeting
A family support ministry organized by Mary Williams-Farrington and the Pardoned by Christ Ministry meets the first, second and fourth Tuesday of every month at The Point Church, 1503 Walnut St., Cary. The ministry provides support for people who have been incarcerated or who have or have had an incarcerated family member. For details, call 919-272-3045 or 919-255-5883 or go to www.pardonedbychrist.org.
Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church hosts Overeaters Anonymous meetings from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays in room 126, 100 Judd Parkway. The group’s supportive meetings don’t include weigh-ins, diets or fees. For more information, call 919-557-7712 or 919-771-1393.
Westhigh Evangelical Covenant Church will host Celebrate Recovery meetings for people recovering from hurting, hangups and habits at 8 p.m. Wednesdays at 590 Westhigh St., Cary. For more information on Celebrate Recovery, go to www.celebraterecovery.com. For more information on the church’s program, go to www.summitnc.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Presbyterian Church offers a labyrinth meditation walk from 5:30-7:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at 614 Griffis St. For details, call 919-469-1337 or visit www.carypresbyterian.org.
Cancer support group
A cancer support group meets the second Wednesday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. in Room WC108 at Colonial Baptist Church, 6051 Tryon Road, Cary. Details: Phyllis Travers, 919-233-0355.
The Knights of Columbus Council 12119 hosts jackpot bingo at 7 p.m. Thursdays at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food and beverages available. Details: Al Munno, 919-557-7718, or Sonny Butler, 845-797-0830.
Celebrate Recovery for Women
Celebrate Recovery for Women meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at the homes of members of North Cary Baptist Church. The group helps women with hurting, hangups and habits. Details: 919-469-8023.
Brown Bag Ministry
The Brown Bag Ministry, which feeds more than 1,400 people a week, is looking for middle- and high school-age volunteers. The group meets at St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church in Apex about 9 a.m. Saturdays. Volunteers prepare bagged meals and hand them out in Raleigh. The group usually finishes by 1 p.m. Details: www.brownbagministry.org.
Send faith listings to email@example.com.