The Stevens Nature Center will host activities for kids at Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, 2616 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Classes cost $12 for Cary residents and $16 for non-residents unless another price is given. To register, call 919-387-5980. Here’s the schedule:
▪ Wee Walkers: Forest Babies (ages 1 and older with a parent): 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, May 13, and Thursday, May 14. $8 per session for Cary residents, $10 for non-residents.
▪ Nature Nuts: Gardens (ages 3-5 with a parent): 10-11 a.m. Friday, May 15, and Saturday, May 16. $10 per session for Cary residents, $13 for non-residents.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Family Yoga in Nature (ages 2 and older with parents): 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 16. $16 for Cary residents, $20 for non-residents.
▪ Curiosity Club: Junior Bird Buddies (ages 5-8): 2-4 p.m. Sunday, May 17.
Story time for adults
A librarian will read a short story and lead a discussion at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. To register, call 919-463-8500.
Another session will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 27, at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. To register, call 919-387-2100.
Learn about watching videos online for free at 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 19, at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
Choose Our Transit
A Wake Transit Choose Our Transit public event will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 19, at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St.
Find It! Apps for Health
Explore exercise and diet tracking apps at 3 p.m. Thursday, May 21, at the Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
An information session for people planning to start their own businesses will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 21, at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
Fiesta for Education
Jóvenes Para Ayudar’s Fiesta for Education will be 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, May 24, in the Kiwanis Shelter at Fred G. Bond Metro Park, 801 High House Road, Cary. There will be food, music, cultural and historical displays, a cake walk and art competitions. The organization is working to raise money for scholarships and higher education programs. Tickets cost $10 at jovenesparaayudar.wix.com/homepage.
Memorial Day Services
▪ The annual service in Cary, sponsored by American Legion Post 67, is Monday, May 25, from 10 to 11 a.m. at Hillcrest Cemetery, 600 Page St., Cary. Participants are invited to bring lawn chairs. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-481-4811.
▪ A Memorial Day remembrance held by the Town of Cary is Monday, May 25, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Veterans Freedom Park, 1513 North Harrison Ave., Cary. The Cary Town Band and local speakers will participate. Call 919-469-4061.
Senior Services Expo
The Senior Services Council of Fuquay-Varina’s Senior Services Expo will be from 1-7 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, at Fuquay-Varina Fire Station 1, 301 S. Fuquay Ave. For details, call 919-762-0358 or email email@example.com.
Trail Treks: A Wood Duck’s World
Learn about wood ducks from 3-4 p.m. Thursday, May 28, on the American Tobacco Trail, beginning in the New Hill parking area at 1309 New Hill-Olive Chapel Road, Apex. Bring binoculars. To register for $5 per family, go to 919-387-2117.
The Morrisville Fire Rescue Department offers free CPR and automatic external defibrillator certification classes for Morrisville residents from 7-10 p.m. the fourth Thursday of each month at Morrisville Fire/Rescue Station #1, 200 Town Hall Drive.
For details or to sign up, email your name, address, phone number and class date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wake County’s Solid Waste Management Division is hosting a tour of the South Wake Solid Waste Facilities from 9:30-10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon and 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, June 24, at 6300 Old Smithfield Road, Apex. Participants will learn about recycling, what happens to their garbage and Wake County’s use of household garbage as an energy source. For details, go to www.wakegov.com.
Chatham Street Chowdown
The Chatham Street Chowdown food truck rally is from 5-9:30 p.m. Sunday, July 26, and noon to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 4, on West Chatham Street in downtown Cary. There will be 15 food trucks, a beer and wine garden and live music.
Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will host the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival on Friday, July 31, and Saturday, Aug. 1, at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.beerandbourbon.com.
BBQ, Blues and Brews
The Fuquay-Varina Downtown Association’s BBQ, Blues and Brews fundraiser is 3-8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, downtown. For details, go to www.fuquay-varinadowntown.com.
Send Community Notes to email@example.com.