Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disability
The Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disability meets from noon to 1 p.m. every second Wednesday at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. All are welcome. For details, go to www.carydisability.org.
Jefferson-Jackson Breakfast and Banquet
The Democratic Women of Wake County’s annual Jefferson-Jackson Breakfast begins with registration and a buffet at 8 a.m. and the program at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 13, at the Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S. Salisbury St. Ticket prices start at $50.
The Jefferson-Jackson Banquet opens with registration and a VIP reception at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 13, at the Raleigh Convention Center. For details and tickets (prices start at $100), go to www.dwwc.net.
Capital Collectors Club
Collectors of Hallmark ornaments meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 16, at the Cary Chamber of Commerce, 307 N. Academy St. For information, email CapitalCollectorsClub@gmail.com.
Southern Wake Republican Club
The Southern Wake Republican Club’s Town Hall with N.C. Representatives Nelson Dollar and Paul Stam and Senators Chad Barefoot and Tamara Barringer will be from 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, June 16, at Stars Theater, 123 E. Vance St., Fuquay-Varina.
Enrich Life Over 50
A new chapter of Enrich Life Over 50 (ELO50) will launch with a meeting from 5:45-9:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, at St. Michael the Archangel Roman Catholic Church, 804 High House Road, Cary. Registration costs $50 and the registration fee is applied to the group’s annual membership charge. To register, go to www.elo50.com/register.
Western Wake Republican Club
The Western Wake Republican Club meets for dinner at 6 p.m. and the program with Jim Duncan and Frank Roche at 7 p.m. Monday, June 22, at Danny’s BBQ, 311 Ashville Ave., Cary.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, June 25, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. For information, call 877-849-8271, extension 1, email email@example.com or go to www.lupusnc.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details: www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: www.carypagerotary.org.
Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the ball room at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. For details, call club president Joe Furno at 919-467-8332.
Apex Newcomers and Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers and Friends Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Club activities include a book club, book exchange, card playing, crafts and cultural events. Details: apexnewcomers.org.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary meets at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The group promotes awareness and prevention of brain-related disorders. For details, go to carypilotclub.weebly.com.
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets from 7-9 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Activities include speakers, plant exchanges, field trips and community gardening projects. For details, visit www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: www.apexkiwanis.org.
Red Hat Society
The Ladies over 50 Red Hat Chapter, “Glitzy Daytime Dollies,” meets the second Thursday of each month. For information, call Lynn at 919-362-3902 or visit www.redhatsociety.com.
Cary Woman’s Club
Cary Woman’s Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the second Thursday of the month at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. Women in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville are invited. For details, call membership chair Jane Suppa at 919-379-3816.
Between the Lines Book Club
The Between the Lines Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except July at the West Regional Library in Cary. Details: 919-463-8500.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County offers a support group for family, friends and caregivers of people with mental illnesses from 7-8:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Meetings are free and confidential. For details, go to www.nami-wake.org.
Swift Creek American Legion
The Swift Creek American Legion Post 530 meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Swift Creek Community Center, 6221 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh. Socializing begins at 5:45 p.m., and dinner begins at 6:15 p.m. Dinner is $6. All active military personnel, veterans and their spouses are invited to the meetings.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St.
Round dance lessons are from 6-7 p.m., plus lessions are from 7-7:30 p.m., mainstream class is from 7-9:30 p.m. and club dance is from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.