Wind Down Wednesday
Wind Down Wednesday free concerts are 6-9 p.m. on the Promenade of the Waverly Place shopping center at the corner of Tryon and Kildaire Farm roads. waverlycary.com/events.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Presentation on shipwrecks
Kevin Duffus will talk about how shipwrecks shaped the history of the Outer Banks from 7-8 p.m. at West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. Registration is requested. 919-463-8500.
Learn about finding the best plants for your garden at 6:30 p.m. at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Registration is requested. 919-387-2100.
Throwback Thursday 1980s
Barnes & Noble’s Get Pop-Cultured: Throwback Thursday 1980s event is at 2 p.m. at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Advice books for teens
Advice book recommendations for teenagers will be at 7 p.m. at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Registration is recommended. 919-387-2100.
‘The Hundred-Foot Journey’ and ‘Like Water for Chocolate’
The Cary screens “The Hundred-Foot Journey” at 7 p.m. and “Like Water for Chocolate” at 9:30 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
New Hope Valley Railway
New Hope Valley Railway’s Diesel Excursion is Friday and the Diesel & Ice Cream event is Saturday at 3900 Bonsal Road, New Hill. www.triangletrain.com.
Summer at the Springs
The Southern Grace band performs in Holly Springs’ free series from 6:30-9 p.m. at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring a lawn chair and picnic.
Cosplay, giveaways and more for DC Comics and other comics fans start at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble’s Get Pop-Cultured: Fangirl Friday at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Moment’s Notice performs at 7 p.m. in the free concert series in the gardens of the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop. Food and lawn chairs are allowed; alcoholic beverages and pets aren’t. For weather updates: 919-460-4963.
‘The Lunchbox’ and ‘Mystic Pizza’
The Cary will show “The Lunchbox” at 7 p.m. and “Mystic Pizza” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
The Waltonwood Senior Living Community Yard Sale fundraiser for Alzheimer’s North Carolina and the Alzheimer’s Association of Eastern North Carolina is 8 a.m. to noon at 750 SE Cary Parkway, Cary. 919-460-7330.
Free Family Fun Day
White Tiger Taekwondo’s 20th annual Free Family Fun Day is noon to 4 p.m. at 1605 NW Maynard Road, Cary.
Barnes & Noble’s Get Pop-Cultured: Vinyl Day is at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 25, at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.