‘A Royal Affair’
The Cary screens “A Royal Affair” at 2 p.m. $5 at 122 E. Chatham St.
Never miss a local story.
Seminar for divorcing or separating parents
A seminar about supporting children during a separation or divorce is 6:30 p.m. Monday and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Wendy Hill Counseling, 1135 Kildaire Farm Road, Suite 200, Cary. RSVP: 919-924-9675, email@example.com.
Auditions for the Cary Players’ production of “Isn’t It Romantic” will be at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Performances will be in late September and early October. caryplayers.org/auditions.
National Night Out
Morrisville participates in the 32nd annual National Night Out from 6-9 p.m. at Cedar Fork Community Center, 1050 Town Hall Drive. The event’s organizers raise awareness of crime and drug prevention, support anti-crime efforts and strengthen local communities. There will be activities for kids, police and fire vehicles on display and more. The rain date is Tuesday, Aug. 11.
DOT open house on Aviation Parkway changes
The N.C. Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. at Morrisville Town Hall, 100 Town Hall Drive, in Morrisville, about proposed changes to the Aviation Parkway exit on Interstate 40. The department is proposing to add a loop-style exit ramp from I-40 West onto Aviation Parkway in the northwest corner of the interchange. The change would help ease traffic congestion. The informal meeting will not have a presentation. DOT representatives will provide information, answer questions and collect comments about the proposed project. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments through Aug. 20.
Tuesday for Tots date change
The family event at Koka Booth Amphitheatre originally scheduled today has been moved to Sunday, Aug. 30, from 4 to 7 p.m. The event will now be combined with the It’s a Small World Celebration. The event has performances from area cultural groups, an instrument petting zoo, craft stations and face painting. Booth Amphitheatre is at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. 919-462-2025, boothamphitheatre.com.
Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, 121 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. growers-market.org.
Wind Down Wednesdays
The last concert of the Wind Down Wednesdays series features Bull City Syndicate from 6-9 p.m. on the Promenade of the Waverly Place shopping center at the corner of Tryon and Kildaire Farm roads. Admission is free. waverlycary.com/events.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
The Cary screens “Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon” at 7 p.m. and “Ballet 422” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
“Dead Poets Society” will be shown at 8:30 p.m. at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Tickets are $5 (free for ages 12 and younger). Bring a blanket or chair. boothamphitheatre.com.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
Sertoma Concert Series
Sertoma Concert Series features Songs of the Fall at 6 p.m. in Sertoma Amphitheatre at Fred G. Bond Metro Park, 801 High House Road, Cary. The show is free and will be held rain or shine. 919-469-4069.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.