The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, 121 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. growers-market.org.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Rotary Childrens Fund fundraiser
A fundraiser for the Rotary Childrens Fund with Russian and Georgian dance will be 8:30-9:45 p.m. at Tony’s Oyster Bar, 107 Edinburg Drive, Cary.
‘The Wolfpack’ and ‘Woman in Gold’
The Cary will screen “The Wolfpack” at 7 p.m. and “Woman in Gold” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
The Grass Cats
The Grass Cats will play from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Mac’s Tavern, 1014 Ryan Road, Cary.
The Cary Senior Center’s Hot Dog Hoe Down cookout is from noon to 1:30 p.m. at 120 Maury Odell Place. Bring a covered dish to share. Registration must have been completed by Aug. 8. 919-469-4081, townofcary.org.
Art After Dark
Art After Dark in Fuquay-Varina, with an artists’ and crafters’ market, activities for kids, art walk and music will be 5-9 p.m. in Centennial Square, 102 N. Main St. FVartscouncil.org.
A reception for painter Ken McNeill will be from 6-9 p.m. at Artistic Expressions Gallery, 118 Raleigh St., Fuquay-Varina. His oil paintings inspired by Bergamo, Italy, will be featured.
Kids Night Out
Cary’s Kids Night Out for ages 5 through 10 is 6:30-9 p.m. at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave. 919-460-4965.
Summer at the Springs
Holly Springs’ Summer at the Springs series of free concerts continues with GB4 from 6:30-9 p.m. Fridays through August at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring a lawn chair and picnic.
The Halle Cultural Arts Center’s family dance night is 7-9 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex. Admission is $5 per family or $2 per person.
‘Woman in Gold’ and ‘The Wolfpack’
The Cary will screen “Woman in Gold” at 7 p.m. and “The Wolfpack” at 9 p.m. for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
Triangle Dairy Queen, Stem for Kids and Falcon Engineering host a free engineering workshop from 1-3 p.m. at 631 Walnut St., Cary. Kids will work with engineers to design and test parachutes for Blizzard ice cream.
Registration is required, 15 spots are available and parents are required to stay with kids for the event. bit.ly/1Du5IkF.
Robert Beatty, the Asheville author of The New York Times best-selling novel “Serafina and the Black Cloak,” will sign books from 2-4 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 760 SE Maynard Road. The event includes a Q&A, free food and drinks.
A reception for artist Daniel Long Soldier will be from 4-6 p.m. at Ashley’s Art Gallery, 701 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina.
Koka Booth Amphitheatre screens “Brave” at 8:30 p.m. at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Tickets are $5 (free for ages 12 and younger). boothamphitheatre.com.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.