Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open from 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce, 121 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. growers-market.org.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
‘5 Flights Up’
The Halle Cultural Arts Center screens “5 Flights Up” for free at 7:30 p.m. at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
Live at Lunch
The free Live at Lunch concert series in downtown Cary returns Thursday with Ben Torres from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Fidelity Bank Plaza at 100 W. Chatham St., Cary. Concerts will be every Thursday through Oct. 9. townofcary.org.
A Parent Chat with Wake County school board member Bill Fletcher is at 1 p.m. in the Cary Chamber of Commerce building, 307 N. Academy St.
Falcon Park reopening
Fuquay-Varina will have a reception for the reopening of Falcon Park, 105 Falcon Drive, Fuquay-Varina, from 5:30-7 p.m..
Emoji Cookie Tales
Kids and teenagers in sixth through 10th grade will make cookies at 7 p.m. at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Registration is required. firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 8 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the UNC Wellness Center, 350 Stonecroft Lane, Cary. wwfm.ag.
▪ The Apex Farmers Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 220 N. Salem St., Apex. apexfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market is open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. 919-567-4040, hollyspringsnc.us.
▪ The Growers Market of Fuquay-Varina is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 121 N. Main St. growers-market.org.
▪ The Waverly Place Farmers Market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Waverly Place at the intersection of Tryon and Kildaire Farm Roads, Cary. waverlyfm.com.
Triangle Sons of Italy’s annual fundraising breakfast for the group’s charity and scholarship programs is 8-10 a.m. at O’Charley’s, 101 Ashville Ave., Cary. Breakfast costs $7. trianglesonsofitaly.org.
Fuquay-Varina Movies in the Park
The Town of Fuquay-Varina will present 2014’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” Saturday, Sept. 5, as part of the Movies in the Park series at Falcon Park, 105 Falcon Drive, Fuquay-Varina. Movies will be screened every Saturday night in September at Falcon Park, Fuquay-Varina. Movies begin at dusk, with free popcorn and lemonade provided. Bring blankets and chairs.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.