Downtown Cary Food & Flea
Downtown Cary Food & Flea will have a holiday market theme from noon to 4 p.m. on the corner of Academy and Chatham streets. There will be a collection of canned food for Dorcas Ministries. For details, go to www.facebook.com/downtowncaryfoodandflea, dtcfoodandflea.com.
Never miss a local story.
The Fuquay-Varina Arts Council’s third annual Art Extravaganza runs through Sunday at 405 Broad St. There will be a crafters’ market, entertainment, exhibitions and a kids’ craft corner. Pictures with Santa will be from 1-5 p.m.
Music in the Library
The Oak City String Quartet performs from 2-3 p.m. at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary.
The Cary theater screens “Frozen” at 2 p.m. for $5 at 122 E. Chatham St.
AlexSandra Lett, author of “The Harvest, Timeless Lessons for an Abundant Life,” will sign books from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The Matthews House, 317 W. Chatham St. She will hold another event at the same time and location next Monday.
Coffee with a Cop
Fuquay-Varina residents are invited to meet local police officers at Coffee with a Cop from 8-10 a.m. at Chick-fil-A, 1460 N. Main St.
Movies at the Halle
The Halle Cultural Arts Center shows “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas” for free at 10 a.m. Tuesday at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
Pizza and a Movie with “Minions” will be at 6 p.m. Thursday. Tickets are $5 each ($2 for ages 2 and younger). bit.ly/1XSQS0w.
Knights of Columbus fundraiser
The Knights of Columbus Fr. H. Charles Mulholland Assembly 2983 will hold a fundraiser for the group’s community service activities all day Wednesday at City Barbeque, 1305 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. The restaurant will donate 25 percent of proceeds to the group.
Holly Springs seniors can play Bingo from 1-3 p.m. every first and third Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Bingo cards cost $1 and there will be cash prizes of up to $10.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Deb Oronzio leads a workshop, Design A Career You Would Love, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. Call to register: 919-463-8500.
‘Powerful Medicine: Simply Magic’
“Powerful Medicine: Simply Magic” will be shown at 7 p.m. at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. A question-and-answer session with director Kevin Spencer will follow. Tickets cost $5.
Movies at The Cary
The Cary theater will show holiday movies in December at 122 E. Chatham St. All tickets are $5 except for “White Christmas,” which costs $7.50. thecarytheater.com.
▪ “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at 9 p.m. Thursday.
▪ A sing-along with “White Christmas” at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday.
Oak City Brass plays classical Christmas music in the Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Discovery Series at 7:30 p.m. at 300 W. Ballentine St. Tickets are $5.
“Winterfest ’15” with the Cary Town Band is at 7:30 p.m. at the Cary Senior Center Ballroom at Bond Park, 120 Maury Odell Place. The band plays music for Christmas, Hanukkah, the Winter Solstice and the New Year.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Holly Springs’ Winter Market is open from 9:30 a.m. to noon in the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.