Hot Chocolate Run
The Hot Chocolate Run and SPCA Doggie Dash starts at 9 a.m. at Bond Park, 801 High House Road, Cary. Registration is $27.50, including a sign-up fee. Registration for the Little Cup 1 Mile is $22.50. bit.ly/1HLx73N.
Movies at The Cary
The Cary theater shows movies for $5 each at 122 E. Chatham St. All movies are $5 each. thecarytheater.com.
▪ “Match” at 2 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Thursday.
▪ “Labyrinth of Lies” is at 9 p.m. Thursday.
New Year, New You
Cary’s New Year, New You: Fitness Kick-Off with free fitness classes and nutritional workshops runs from Monday through Friday at Bond Park Community Center, 801 High House Road. Classes, which include yoga, fitness boot camps, ballet barre and family programs, run from noon to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m. each day.
Librarians at the Eva Perry Regional Library will recommend books to help with New Year’s resolutions from 3-4 p.m. Monday at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
Recommendations of British classics will be from 4-5 p.m. Tuesday.
Movies at the Halle
The Halle Cultural Arts Center screens “Home” for free at 10 a.m. Tuesday at 237 N. Salem St., Apex.
“Pawn Sacrifice” will be shown for free at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is 10:30-11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Eva Perry Regional Library hosts Teen Scene for sixth- through 10th-grade students. Brain Candy with online resources is 7-8 p.m. at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Three Kings Day Parade
Cary’s Three Kings Day Parade is at 1 p.m. at Cary’s Town Hall Campus, 316 N. Academy St. diamanteinc.org.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
The Eva Perry Regional Library will show Diana Nyad’s TED Talk “Never, Ever Give Up” at 3 p.m. at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Call to register: 919-387-2100.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Eva Perry Regional Library hosts stories for babies at 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 11:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 2100 Shepherd’s Vineyard Drive, Apex. Stories for toddlers start at 10:30 a.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Stories for preschoolers are at 2:30 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Stories for families begin at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. 919-387-2100.
▪ Barnes & Noble hosts story time for toddlers at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and for preschoolers at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at 760 SE Maynard Road, Cary.
▪ The West Regional Library’s story time for babies is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays through Nov. 24 at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. 919-463-8500.