This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Family Support Groups
The National Alliance on Mental Illness’s Wake County organization hosts two Family Support Groups each month for family members or friends of adults with mental illnesses. Meetings are led by people who also have a loved one with a mental illness and who have been trained by NAMI. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings in Cary are at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month in room 101 at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St. Meetings in Apex start at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of each month at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St.
AARP Cary Chapter
The AARP Cary Chapter meets for a musical presentation by Athens Drive High School students at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 1, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. 919-467-1424.
Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club meets from 9:15-11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 2, in the lower-level multipurpose room at Kirk of Kildaire, Presbyterian, 200 High Meadow Drive. Cary’s new police chief, Tony Godwin, will speak. email@example.com, carynewcomers.com.
Chicken Pastry Fundraiser
The Golden Age Club’s Chicken Pastry Fundraiser is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 2, at the C.C. Jones Community Building, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Eat in or take-out a meal and dessert for $8.
Holly Springs Newcomers Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers Club meets at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, March 3, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. Anyone new to the area or new to the club is welcome.
Cary Garden Club
The Cary Garden Club meets at 10 a.m. the first Thursday of the month in room 302 of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. Visitors are welcome. For details, call Linda at 919-651-9144. CaryGardenClub.org.
Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake
The Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake meet for check-in at 11:30 a.m. and lunch at noon Thursday, March 3, at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary.
Speakers will discuss the upcoming bond issue. Lunch costs $20. RSVP: RWCSW123@gmail.com.
Triangle Sisters in Crime workshop
The Triangle Sisters in Crime, a local chapter of a national organization for female mystery writers, hosts a workshop from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 12, in room 118 at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Tech, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary.
The class with authors Allison Brennan, Erin Knightley and Tara Lynne Groth and a panel discussion costs $60 for Triangle Sisters in Crime members, $65 for Sisters in Crime members from other areas and $75 for non-members. trianglesinc.com.
Military Officers Association of America
The Triangle Chapter Military Officers Association of America meets for dinner on Wednesday, March 16, at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Anyone who was or is a commissioned or warrant officer is welcome to attend with a guest.
A social starts at 6:30 p.m. and dinner is at 7 p.m. Dinner costs $30. RSVP by Friday, March 11. Details will be available online on Saturday, March 5, at trianglemoaa.com.
VFW Post retires flags
The Cary Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7383 will retire worn or damaged American flags. Drop off flags between noon and 7 p.m. any day of the week at 522 Reedy Creek Road. 919-467-1188.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Cary Central Rotary Club meets from 7-8 a.m. Mondays at the Matthews House, 317 W. Chatham St.
▪ The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. apexsunriserotaryclub.org.
▪ The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. New members are welcome. morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
▪ The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. thecaryrotaryclub.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 135 S. Main St. 919-662-7119.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org.
▪ The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. carylinatoastmasters.org.
▪ Apex Toastmasters meet at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. apextoastmasters.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Holly Springs Writers Guild
The Holly Springs Writers Guild hosts write-ins on Mondays, an author spotlight the first Wednesday of each month, a critique group on Tuesdays and professional development on the third Wednesday of each month. meetup.com/Holly-Springs-Writers-Guild, facebook.com/HollySpringsWritersGuild.
Boy Scout Troop 444
Boy Scout Troop 444 meets at 7 p.m. Monday nights at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. 919-614-6288, troop444.us.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. 919-621-3613.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. triangleoa.org.
Alzheimer’s caregivers support group
An Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers support group meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month in the activities room at Windsor Point, 1221 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. 919-363-2484, alznc.org.
General Federation Women’s Club
The General Federation Women’s Club of Holly Springs meets from 6:45-8:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. 919-567-3417, 919-557-2284.
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St. win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. 919-552-5380.
Crossfit Embark and Brueprint Brewing Company host a run club with 1.5-mile, 3-mile and 5-mile routes at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Runs start at Crossfit Embark, 1229 Perry Road, Apex.
TOPS in Fuquay-Varina
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets for a weigh-in at 6:30 p.m. and meeting at 6:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church, 301 N. Woodard St. The weight loss support group has an annual membership fee of $32.
Cary Newcomers Club
The Cary Newcomers Club meets at 9:15 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church, 200 High Meadow Drive. The club is for those new to the area, newly retired or looking to meet new friends. email@example.com, carynewcomers.com.
Air Force Association
The Tarheel Chapter 207 of the Air Force Association invites anyone interested in flight or the Air Force to meet at 6:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. 919-772-8237, afa.org.
Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. tarheelmcl.org.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Golden Age Club
The Apex Golden Age Club meets at 2 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. Accepting new members 55 and older. 919-906-9216, 919-362-6988.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. apexkiwanis.org.
Holly Springs Newcomers Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month from September to May at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
Holly Springs Civitan
The Holly Springs Civitan group meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in Holly Springs’ Town Hall, 128 S. Main St. The group works to support local children with special needs. Visitors and new members are welcome. email@example.com.
Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club
The Holly Springs Newcomers and Friends Club meets from 9:30-11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of the month, from September through May, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsnewcomers.com.
Senior gaming meets 2-4 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St., Holly Springs. Games include sequence, rummycube, pokeno, pinochle and bridge. 919-557-9602.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. 919-481-1888, apexlions.org.
Holly Springs Civitan Club
The Holly Springs Civitan Club meets 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month in the Holleman Room of Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., Holly Springs. Use the entrance facing Avent Ferry Road. 919-346-1675, hollyspringscivitan.org.
The Needmore Ruritan Club meets 7 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at 1812 Bass Lake Road, Fuquay-Varina. The club offers fellowship, goodwill and community service to the residents of Fuquay-Varina and Holly Springs. A meal is prepared by club members every meeting. 919-552-2003.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. firstname.lastname@example.org.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101.
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.