This week’s day-by-day calendar of free events and fundraisers for Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina and Holly Springs.
The Holly Springs Community Band rehearses at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net.
Never miss a local story.
Thrift 2 Gift’s story time for families is at 11 a.m. Thursdays at 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Information for those planning to start a new business is 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. Registration is requested. 919-463-8500.
Good Friday closings
Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville town offices will be closed on Friday.
Coastal beach paintings will be on display at the Waverly Artist Group’s monthly open house from 6-9 p.m. at Colonades Way, suite 209, Cary.
‘Small Treasures’ reception
A reception and awards ceremony for the Cary Gallery of Artists’ “Small Treasures Juried Exhibit” is 6-9 p.m. at 200 S. Academy St., suite 120. More than 30 artists are participating.
▪ The Cary Downtown Farmers Market is open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 135 W. Chatham St. caryfarmersmarket.com.
▪ The Western Wake Farmers’ Market is open 9:30 a.m. to noon at 101 Gathering Park Circle, Cary. wwfm.ag.
Bluegrass Jam Sessions
The Holly Springs Cultural Center’s Bluegrass Jam Sessions for all ages and skill levels are 2-4 p.m. Saturdays at 300 W. Ballentine St. Bring an instrument and music to share or play along.
Meet the authors
Mystery authors Suzanne Adair, Karen Pullen and N.P. Simpson will discuss their work from 2-3 p.m. at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. Registration is requested. 919-463-8500.
Send calendar items two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
▪ Cary’s fifth annual Easter Eggstravaganza for children, 12 and younger, who have special needs or disabilities is 6-8 p.m. Thursday, March 24, at Bond Park. Bring your own Easter basket. To register, call 919-462-3970 or go to bit.ly/1U7VWKp.
▪ Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville town offices will be closed on Friday, March 25.
▪ For church events and services, see Faith Notes at carynews.com in the “Community” section.
East Chatham Street in downtown Cary will be reduced to one lane from Monday, March 21, to Tuesday, March 29, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be delays between Walker Street and Ward Street. The closure is necessary to allow crews to install water lines. Flaggers will direct East Chatham Street traffic through the work area.