This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
The Triangle Seagals will meet for lunch at noon Saturday, June 18, at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. Women in North Carolina who either currently are serving or who have served honorably in any of the U.S. Armed Forces may attend. The Triangle Seagals is a local unit of Military Women Across the Nation, formerly WAVES National.
A representative of the Military Veterans Resource Coalition is scheduled to speak. For reservations call Norma Schrader at 919-303-8205. www.milwomen.org
Never miss a local story.
The Holly Springs Rotary Club and the Apex Sunrise Rotary Club have launched the Music Memory Program for area assisted living facilities. The program uses iPods and headsets to play personalized music for people with Alzheimer’s and other cognitive and physical challenges. For more information and to donate to the program, go to bit.ly/1U3PRkG.
Anxiety support groups
Free support groups to help children manage anxiety are available at Wendy Hill Counseling, 1135 Kildaire Farm Road, Suite 200, Cary. Days and times will be scheduled based on a participant’s availability. Groups for elementary, middle school or high school students are available. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit wendyhillcounseling.com.
VFW Post retires flags
The Cary Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7383 will retire worn or damaged American flags. Drop off flags between noon and 7 p.m. any day of the week at 522 Reedy Creek Road. 919-467-1188
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 135 S. Main St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
The Asbury Station chapter of the DAR meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. ncdar.org
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets from 7-9 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. caryplaywrightsforum.org
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. hollyspringsband.net
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
The Apex Lions Club meets at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. 919-481-1888, apexlions.org
Chronic pain support group
An arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and joint replacement support group meets from 1:30-3 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. 919-387-0080.
▪ Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. 919-960-6038.
▪ Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. 919-465-0356.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. email@example.com
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Club Notes to email@example.com.