▪ Cary Presbyterian Preschool will host two summer camps for children ages 4-5 years old at the preschool, 614 Griffis St.
The first session, “Take Me Out to the Ocean,” will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, June 20, to Friday, June 24. The second session, “Summer Olympic Fun,” will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, July 18, to Friday, July 22. The cost per week is $110. For more information contact Angie Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-469-2229.
▪ White Plains United Methodist Church will host Bridge Mission Week, a summer camp for rising students in fourth through ninth grades, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, to Friday, July 8, at the church, 313 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Cost: $80 for the week or $25 per day. Lunch will be provided. The camp will feature a local service project in the mornings and a social activity in the afternoons. For more information and to register, go to wpumc.com.
Never miss a local story.
Vacation Bible schools
▪ Ambassador Presbyterian Church, 1010 Schieffelin Road, Apex, is holding its Vacation Bible School from 5-7:45 p.m. Monday, June 20, to Friday, June 24. The theme is “Rome: Paul and the Underground Church.” The free event is open to children age 4 through rising sixth-graders. Dinner will be served. To register, go to bit.ly/1UaA7GI.
▪ Westwood Baptist Church will hold its Vacation Bible School from 5:30-8 p.m. Sunday, June 26, to Wednesday, June 29, at the church, 200 Westhigh St., Cary. The theme for this year’s session is “Surf Shack: Catch the Wave of God’s Amazing Love.” The event is for children age 3 to fifth grade. A free meal will be provided each night. To register: bit.ly/1rhVQoJ.
▪ Registration is under way for Vacation Bible School from 5:30-8 p.m. Monday, June 27, to Thursday, June 30, at Cary First Baptist Church, 218 S. Academy St. The theme for the free event, for children in kindergarten through fifth grade, is “Submerged: Finding Truth Below The Surface.” Register at caryfbc.org.
Classes on finances
Cary Presbyterian Church is offering Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, which is Bible-based, beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 23, in Room 102 of the church, 614 Griffis St. The weekly classes will continue through Thursday, Aug. 18. To register: email@example.com or bit.ly/1UFL2Lp. Cost: $93.
The Institute of Islamic and Turkish Studies, 1391 SE Maynard Road, Cary, is hosting public dinners every night during Ramadan, which runs through Tuesday, July 5. Dinner begins at sunset, around 8:30 p.m. A documentary film, “Love is a Verb,” will be shown at 7 p.m. followed by a presentation at 8 p.m. To register for the dinners: 919-322-9960, bit.ly/1THZvDY, firstname.lastname@example.org, iitsnc.org.
The group also is hosting its annual Ramadan Community Tent on Friday, June 24, and Saturday, June 25.
Grief/divorce support meetings
Triangle Marriage and Family Life Center hosts GriefShare and DivorceCare groups from 9:30-11 a.m. Saturdays at 3761 NW Cary Parkway, Suite 102. 919-267-6747.
Toy, clothing collection
Greater Life Ministries collects toys and clothes to give to homeless and needy families. The organization also collects household items, furniture, clothing and more. To arrange for donations to be picked up, call 919-274-2511 or 919-432-3323. Mail monetary donations to P.O. Box 26083, Raleigh, NC 27611.
The Point Church food pantry offers free groceries, a hot meal and clothing from 11 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 1503 Walnut St., Cary, and 1402 E. Williams St., Apex.
Send faith listings to email@example.com.