This week’s local club, organization and support group meetings in Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Morrisville.
Western Wake Dems
The Western Wake Dems host a campaign rally and volunteer training session from 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Candidates speak at 2 p.m.; the training session begins at 3 p.m. To volunteer either before or after the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Harvey Richmond at email@example.com.
FV Junior Woman’s Club
The Fuquay-Varina Junior Woman’s Club holds an information session for prospective members from 7-8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 29, at the Woman’s Club House, 602 N. Ennis St. For more information, go to fuquayjuniors.org.
Cary Garden Club
Susan Kilmon will speak on “The Art of Pressed Flowers” at the next meeting of the Cary Garden Club. The meeting is 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 1, in the Ballroom at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. Visitors are welcome. The club meets at 10 a.m. the first Thursday of each month. carygardenclub.org
North Carolina state Sen. Tamara Barringer will be the guest speaker at the Republican Women of Cary and Southwestern Wake meeting Thursday, Sept. 1, at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. Social time begins at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is at noon; cost is $20. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. rwcsw.org
The Harley H. Pope Flight of the Order of Daedalians is recruiting new members. To apply, you must be a commissioned military officer, warrant officer or Women Airforce Service Pilot in any component of the U.S. Armed Forces and a pilot, navigator, combat systems officer, naval flight officer, air battle manager, remotely piloted aircraft pilot, flight surgeon of heavier-than-air-powered aircraft or an astronaut.
The Flight meets the fourth Thursday of most months at Carolina Trace Club in Sanford. For more information, go to daedalians.org or bit.ly/2bgMa7y, email email@example.com or call 910-488-3118.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 135 S. Main St. 919-662-7119
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. 919-387-1040
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. carypagerotary.org
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the ballroom of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury O’Dell Place. 919-467-8332
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at The Cary theater, 122 E. Chatham St. Visitors are welcome. Social time begins at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby. caryphotographicartists.org
Alzheimer’s support group
An Alzheimer’s family support group meets the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St. apexkiwanis.org
NAMI support groups
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County hosts free Family Support Groups for family members and friends of people with mental illnesses at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday every month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, room 101, 600 Walnut St., Cary. The group is for ages 18 and older.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6:30-8 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month in the Conference Room of Waters Edge Office Park, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, Suite 250, Raleigh.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge players meet from noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. New players welcome. 919-552-1430
VFW Post 7383
The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. carycrosstrailers.org
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. 919-779-2101
The MOMS Club of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Angier, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. email@example.com
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.