This hand-carved bench now at Mount Bright Baptist Church originally was in the First Baptist Church of Hillsborough. Mount Bright members left First Baptist in 1866 to form a black church and took the bench with them.
This hand-carved bench now at Mount Bright Baptist Church originally was in the First Baptist Church of Hillsborough. Mount Bright members left First Baptist in 1866 to form a black church and took the bench with them. JACQUELIN LIGGINS
This hand-carved bench now at Mount Bright Baptist Church originally was in the First Baptist Church of Hillsborough. Mount Bright members left First Baptist in 1866 to form a black church and took the bench with them. JACQUELIN LIGGINS

Program celebrates legacy of Orange County’s black churches

January 28, 2015 11:06 AM

UPDATED January 28, 2015 06:00 PM