Five people were struck as they were standing outside attending to another automobile collision that had occurred moments prior, according to police. The driver of the suspect vehicle may have fled from the scene on foot or was possibly picked up by a passerby. All the victims were treated at area hospitals for non-life threatening injuries and released.
If you have information concerning the identity of the driver of the Silver 2000 Audi A4, please call either the Chapel Hill Police Department at 919-968-2760 or Crime Stoppers at 919-942-7515.
Calls to Crime Stoppers are confidential and anonymous, and the caller may be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000 for information that leads to arrest.
- the 800 block of North Columbia Street between Feb. 23 and Feb. 24.
- the 100 block of Tweed Place Feb. 23.
- the 700 block of Bolinwood
- the 200 block of Church Street
- the 20 block of Clark Court March 1.
- the 4800 block of Buckhorn Road in the Efland area March 3 in which the side door was kicked in and a shotgun stolen.
- the 5600 block of N.C. 86 North March 3 in which entrance was possibly made through a window and electronics stolen.
- the 1200 block of Lysander Lane in the Mebane area March 3 in which electronics and a handgun, all valued at $3,300, was stolen.
- a residence on the 1200 block of Dimmocks Mill Road Feb. 27.
- a home on the 1200 block of Bushy Cook Road in the Efland area Feb. 27.
-a residence on the 3300 block of Southern Drive in the Efland area Feb. 26.
Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce