Chapel Hill• Tyrreck Keijuan Byrd, 20, of Chapel Hill was charged March 20 with felony breaking and entering, felony parole violation and misdemeanor possession of stolen goods, police reported.
• Police reported break-ins:
- to a residence on the 600 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard March 19 in which copper piping was stolen from a home under construction.
- to a business on the 1600 block of East Franklin Street March 18 in which tools and household goods were stolen from a storage pod.
- to a residence on the 100 block of Longview Street March 15 in which the home was entered through a window.
• Kevin Maurice King, 44, was charged March 16 with felony larceny, police reported.
• Police reported the larceny of an automobile from the 1700 block of Pathway Drive between March 14 and March 15.
Hillsborough• Monte Deshawn Byrd, 18, was charged March 19 with felony attempted common law robbery and misdemeanor communicating threats, police reported.
• Xzavier Malcolm Farrell, 23, was charged March 19 with felony weapon possession by a felon, felony possession with intent to sell or deliver cocaine, felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance, felony delivery of cocaine, felony possession of cocaine, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a schedule II controlled substance, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a controlled substance within 1000 feet of a school, felony maintaining a dwelling, vehicle or place for a controlled substance, felony fleeing to elude and felony habitual impaired driving, police reported.
• Jamie Lynn Holloway, 36, was charged March 16 with felony aiding and abetting obtaining property by false pretense, felony obtaining property by false pretense, misdemeanor aiding and abetting a larceny, misdemeanor larceny and misdemeanor placing harassing phone calls, police reported.
• Linwood Bethea, 51, was charged March 15 with felony failure to register as a sex offender, police reported.
• Shermaine Dorraill Hamlet, 31, was charged March 14 with five counts of felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver cocaine, numerous counts of felony sell or deliver cocaine, two counts of felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver marijuana, four counts of felony sell or deliver of marijuana, several counts of felony maintaining a vehicle, dwelling or place for controlled substances and three counts of felony trafficking cocaine, police reported.
• Police reported break-ins:
- to a residence on the 4800 block of Mount Sinai Road March 20 in which a pry tool was used to enter and take jewelry.
- to a residence on the 5800 block of Kiger Road March 19 in which a glass door was broken to enter and chest drawers tossed all over the home.
- to a residence on the 3300 block of Saddle Club Road March 17 in which the door was kicked in and cash, a firearm and electronics was stolen.
- to a business on the 2500 block of Dimmocks Mill Road March 16 in which the door was pried open to enter and steal a sound system.
Campus police arrested a man early Wednesday, saying he had held a woman briefly in a music practice room in the basement of Hill Hall on Tuesday night.
The man was arrested shortly after the woman called police about the incident, which happened about 11 p.m., in the building that houses the university’s Music Department, police said.
The man was being charged with assault, second-degree kidnapping and trespassing, Public Safety spokesman Randy Young said.
The suspect’s identity was not immediately available because officers were completing their arrest report Wednesday morning, Young said.
The woman told police the man had forced her into a practice room and closed the door briefly before she was able to escape unhurt.
In a campus alert, police had said they were looking for a man 30 to 40 years old and wearing a zip-up hoodie sweatshirt and baggy, green pants and thought he might be a vagrant.
Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce and from staff reports