Chapel Hill• Tatiana Marie Rubow, 20, of 218 Branchwood Drive, Jacksonville was charged May 6 with felony larceny, police reported.
• Police reported break-ins to homes:
- on the 100 block of Cole Street May 8 in which the basement door was kicked in.
- on the 400 block of West Cameron Avenue May 8.
- on the 100 block of Stinson Street May 6 in which entrance was gained using an unlocked door and cash and other items stolen.
- on the 100 block of Isley Street May 4.
- on the 1100 block of N.C. 54 bypass May 3.
Carrboro• Nathan Jacob Thirsk, 36, was charged May 4 with felony discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling and misdemeanor resisting a public officer, police reported.
• Zamir Santraez Ellison, 21, was charged May 7 with felony assault by strangulation, misdemeanor assault on a female, misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon, misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon with a minor present, misdemeanor battery of an unborn child and misdemeanor communicating threats, police reported.
• Police reported break-ins to several vehicles, many unlocked and with items reported missing, on the 200 block of Cedarwood Lane the night of May 7 or early morning of May 8.
Hillsborough• Hillsborough police officers arrested a man Friday who was possibly involved in a carjacking in Atlanta, Ga. An officer was injured during the arrest.
Sgt. Douglas Hemingway was treated and released from UNC Hospitals.
The suspect reportedly had attempted to steal a car at the Quick Mart gas station, located at 255 S. Churton St. at the intersection with Orange Grove Street. The driver of that car followed the suspect and called 911, reporting that the suspect had driven into the Orange County Department of Social Services parking lot on Mayo Street.
When Hemingway arrived in the parking lot, the suspect put the car he was driving into reverse, hitting two parked vehicles and causing damage to both. The suspect then fled on foot toward Churton Street. The officer followed in his vehicle, stopping the suspect in front of the KFC restaurant, 353 S. Churton St., across from Capital Ford of Hillsborough.
A short chase on foot ensued. Then the suspect attempted to steal the police car. Sgt. Hemingway pulled the suspect out of the car through the driver window, and a struggle ensued. Additional officers arrived, and the suspect was taken into custody at 10:31 a.m.
Davon Rucker, 29, of Atmore, Ala., was charged with two felonies (assault with injury to a law enforcement officer and possession of a stolen vehicle) and one misdemeanor (resisting an officer). Additional charges are pending. Rucker was placed in Orange County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond.
Rucker may be a suspect in a carjacking in Atlanta, in which a 79-year-old woman was seriously injured when the suspect in that incident pulled the woman out of her car and possibly ran over her. The car Rucker fled in the Orange County Department of Social Services parking lot is owned by the Atlanta victim.• Jared Lee Mcadoo, 23, was charged May 8 with felony probation violation out of county, police reported.
• Michael Lashawn Scott, 32, was charged May 8 with felony possession with intent to sell or deliver cocaine, felony probation violation and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, police reported.
• Eric Devron Jackson, 36, was charged May 8 with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury, felony first-degree sexual offense, misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury with a minor present, police reported.
• Michael Sampson White, 34, was charged May 7 with felony possession of a stolen motor vehicle and felony altering serial numbers, police reported.
• John Anthony Rosebrough, 25, was charged May 6 with felony second-degree kidnapping, felony assault by strangulation and misdemeanor communicating threats, police reported.
• Samuel Brown, 34, was charged May 4 with common law robbery and misdemeanor larceny, police reported.
• Joseph Lewis Merricks, 41, was charged May 2 with two felony counts each of indecent liberties with a child and first-degree sexual offense and two misdemeanor counts of disseminating harmful materials or exhibiting harmful performances to a minor, police reported.
• Police reported a break-in to an unlocked residence on the 3900 block of Orange Grove Road May 5.
Compiled by correspondent Carlton Koonce.