▪ Aron Christopher Pitts, 23, of 501 N.C. 54 B7 was charged May 22 with felony first-degree burglary, felony assault by strangulation, misdemeanor assault and misdemeanor larceny, police reported.
▪ Charles Vajdl, 18, of 4131 W. Cornwallis Road, Durham was charged May 22 with felony possession of marijuana with intent to sell or deliver, felony maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance and misdemeanor texting on a cell phone while driving, police reported.
▪ Joanne Kay Hall, 50, of 4001 Meriwether Drive D11, Durham was charged May 18 with felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, felony hit and run, felony receiving or possessing a stolen vehicle, misdemeanor resisting arrest, misdemeanor reckless driving and driving while license revoked, police reported.
▪ Jonathan Albert Ray Jr., 28, of 8015 Rogers Road was charged May 18 with felony weapon possession by a felon and misdemeanor resisting arrest, police reported.
▪ Police reported a break-in to a home on the 400 block of New Parkside Drive in which an attempt to enter via the garage door was made.
▪ Everett Slade Mann II, 27, was charged May 21 with felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a schedule VI controlled substance, misdemeanor assault on a government official or employee and misdemeanor resisting a public officer, the sheriff’s office reported.
▪ The sheriff’s office reported break-ins to:
- a business on the 7000 block of Mount Hermon Church Road in the Durham area May 18 in which glass to the building’s door was broken to enter and steal cash and snacks.
- a home on the 100 block of Pine Tree Lane May 18 in which the unlocked home was entered and property stolen.
Compiled by correspondent carlton Koonce