▪ Stephen Louis Panatoski, 20, of 69 Whisper Lane, Pittsboro was charged Dec. 2 with felony possession of a schedule I controlled substance, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a schedule I controlled substance, two misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor impaired driving and misdemeanor simple possession of a schedule VI controlled substance, police reported.
▪ Roberto Ramirez, 37, of 401 N.C. 54 F3, Carrboro was charged Dec. 1 with felony kidnapping, misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor interfering with emergency communications, police reported.
▪ Police reported a break-in to a secured home on the 100 block of Westview Drive Dec. 2 in which a window was forced open to enter and steal numerous items.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Police reported a burglary on the 100 block of Weatherhill Point between 7 p.m. and midnight Dec. 8 in which entrance was gained through an unsecured front door and numerous items including cash and electronics taken.
▪ Police reported a break-in to a home on the 500 block of South Greensboro Street Dec. 8 in which entrance was gained through the front door and several items taken.
▪ Jamyan Okeitheus Brooks, 32, of 8006 Rogers Road was charged Dec. 7 with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering and misdemeanor failure to appear, police reported.
▪ Wareem Jamel Debnam, 22, of 600 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. 612 was charged Dec. 4 with felony possession of marijuana, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
▪ Penelope Shinkman Hernandez, 21, of 239 Cherry Tree Lane was charged Dec. with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny of a firearm and felony larceny, police reported.
▪ Hasan Yaseen Abdur-Rahman, 25, of 822 N. Heritage Circle was charged Dec. 1 with felony obtaining property by false pretense, police reported.
▪ Jordan Robert Alexander, 19, of 500 Umstead Drive 102C was charged Dec. 1 with two felony counts of obtaining property by false pretense and felony credit card fraud, police reported.
▪ Police reported break-ins to:
- an apartment on the 2700 block of Homestead Road Dec. 9.
- a home on the 100 block of Bolin Heights Terrace Dec. 8 in which a side door window was broken to gain entrance.
- a home on the 200 block of North Graham Street Dec. 8 in which property was stolen.
- a home on the 200 block of Jay Street Dec. 5.
▪ Michael Anthony Ellison Jr., 20, Dec. 10 was charged by Hillsborough police with felony obtaining property by false pretense, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ Mylique Rakeem Jackson, 18, was charged Dec. 10 with felony attempted breaking and entering and misdemeanor probation violation, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ Richard Donnell Mangum, 48, was charged Dec. 8 with felony larceny of chose in action, felony financial card theft and misdemeanor larceny, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ The sheriff’s office reported an armed robbery at a convenience store on the 2300 block of N.C. 86 South at 11 p.m. Dec. 4. Two subjects wearing hoodies and bandanas and armed with a handgun entered the business and demanded money from the clerk. After taking cash, the suspects took the clerk’s personal phone and the store phone and fled on foot.
▪ Samuel Charles Sydney Lloyd, 24, was charged Nov. 29 with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny of a firearm, felony weapon possession by a felon and misdemeanor resisting arrest, the sheriff's office reported.
▪ The sheriff's office reported break-ins to:
- a home on the 700 block of Carl Drive Dec. 7 in which the victim returned to find belongings to be stolen piled by the door.
- a church on the 200 block of Davis Road Dec. 7 in which the back of the building was broken into but no items removed.
- a home on the 8900 block of Rollingwood Lane Dec. 6 in which the side door screen was cut and the glass was broken.
- a home on the 1200 block of McCauley Lane Dec. 6. in which an attempt to enter was made.
Compiled from police and sheriff’s reports by correspondent Carlton Koonce