Orange County investigators have charged a sixth man in the fatal Jan. 18 shooting outside the Efland-Cheeks Community Center.
Terry Glenn Jones Jr., 21, of 1001 Discovery Way, Apt. 1101, Durham, was charged April 29 with first-degree murder in the death of Tevin Kendrick, 22, of Buxton Street in Durham.
Kendrick was found with multiple gunshots wounds on the ground behind a white car with its trunk open. The center, just north of U.S. 70, is next to Efland-Cheeks Elementary School, which was closed at the time.
Jones is being held in the Durham County Detention Center without bond. He is scheduled to appear May 16 in Orange County Superior Court in Hillsborough.
Never miss a local story.
Jones also is facing several felony charges in Durham, reports show, including first-degree burglary, robbery with a dangerous weapon, two counts of conspiracy, discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling or moving vehicle and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
He was last released from prison in January 2014 after serving three months for felony breaking and entering, according to state Department of Corrections records. He was placed on 24 months of probation in February 2015 for drug trafficking charges and possession of a firearm by a felon, records show.
Jones is the last man Orange County deputies expect to arrest in connection with the shooting, Investigator Tim Jones said. Five other men were arrested earlier this year:
▪ Devon Antonio Harris, 23, of 419 E. Geer St., Durham, is charged with murder. He is being held without bond in the Wake County Detention Center, where he faces additional charges.
▪ Barry Dion Holt, 22, of 305 Chandler Road, Durham, is charged with murder. He is being held without bond in the Durham County Detention Center, where he faces additional charges.
▪ Jermauciyae Rysuan Abram, 18, of 1012 E. Sherwood Drive, Apt. E, Durham, is charged with murder. He is being held without bond in the Orange County Jail.
▪ Andre Lamar Dixon, 22, of 2211 Concord St., Durham, is charged with murder. He is serving the rest of a sentence for possession of a firearm by a felon and other charges – after having his probation revoked – in the Pasquotank Correctional Institute.
▪ Savian Jacoby Turrentine, 23, of 4801 Danube Lane, Apt. 727, Durham, is charged with being an accessory after the fact to a felony. He is being held in the Orange County Jail under $100,000 bond.