▪ Ellen Bland, a communications instructor at Central Carolina Community College, was the director of North Carolina’s 22nd annual N.C. Great Teachers Seminar in Hendersonville in February.
▪ Spencer Brown was named in the Dean’s List at High Point University. Brown is the son of Mark and Paula Brown of Chapel Hill.
▪ Jud Bowman, Judith Cone and Pape Gaye were honored with Nourish International Impact Awards. Their awards will be presented at the Biannual Hunger Luncheon on March 27.
▪ Sarah Cooley, a UNC-Chapel Hill student, earned the 2015 Gates Cambridge Scholarship. Cooley plans to earn a master’s degree in polar studies at the University of Cambridge.
▪ Alexandra Anne Hall of Chapel Hill earned a full tuition scholarship at Converse College in Spartanburg, S.C.
▪ Nina Henage, a graduate of East Chapel Hill High School, was named to the Dean’s list at Johns Hopkins University.
▪ Scott Rodgers was named in the Dean’s List at Clemson University. Rodgers, the son of Debbie and Eric Rodgers of Chapel Hill, will graduate in May.
▪ Josefine Schlaak, an au pair staying with a family in Chapel Hill, won the national Au Pair of the Year Award.
▪ Emily Webster of New Hill won the Optimist Club of Chapel Hill’s essay contest.
Send Notables to firstname.lastname@example.org.