▪ Chapel Hill High School’s chapter of Students Against Violence Everywhere participated in the SAVE Summit in Raleigh on March 12. The students led a workshop on polling and sharing information within schools.
▪ Sheriff Charles Blackwood of Orange County graduated from the Sheriffs’ Leadership Institute earlier in March after four week-long training programs over two years.
▪ Artist Mark Brown of Chapel Hill was awarded a Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant for 2016. The grants are given based on artistic merit and financial need, and cover living expenses and costs for making artwork for a year.
▪ Tom Wiltberger, a realtor with Terra Nova Global Properties, was named 2015 REALTOR of the Year at the Orange Chatham Association of REALTORS’ Inaugural Ball.
Never miss a local story.
Wiltberger was chosen for his service on the Town of Carrboro Appearance and Historic Preservation Commission, his work founding the HIstoric Carrboro Plaque program and for having served as chair of the Broker-in-Charge Council for two years.
▪ Dean’s lists and students’ honors: Henry Branson, Timothy Duffy, Paul Flournoy, Dylan Lukes, Evan Norfleet and Emily Shull were included in the Dean’s List at Furman University. Kaitlyn Dobbins of Hillsborough was also named to the Furman University Dean’s List. Emmi Farrell, an eleventh-grade student at Chatham Charter School, was accepted to the Governor’s School of North Carolina. Cody Hawkins of Chapel Hill earned the Dean’s Award at Colgate University.
Send Notables to firstname.lastname@example.org.