Internationalist Books and Community Center’s Spring Cleaning Book Sale ends on Sunday at 101 Lloyd St., Carrboro.
A training seminar about preventing, recognizing and reacting to child sexual abuse is at 6 p.m. at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive. Registration is required: bit.ly/1YxFBPS.
Chapel Hill Bird Club
The Chapel Hill Bird Club meets at 7:30 p.m. at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive. Robbie Fearn will talk about the development of the Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary in Corolla. Visitors are welcome.
Blood drives for the American Red Cross will be 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law, 160 Ridge Road, and 2-6:30 p.m. at Granville Towers, 125 W. Franklin St. redcrossblood.org.
Friends of the Downtown
The Chapel Hill Friends of the Downtown Meeting starts with coffee at 9:30 a.m. and the program at 10 a.m. at DSI Comedy Theater, 462 W. Franklin St. franklinstreetusa.com.
‘Telling Our Stories of Home’
The festival “Telling Our Stories of Home: Exploring and Celebrating Changing African and African Diaspora Communities” is from Thursday through Saturday and Wednesday, April 6, through Friday, April 8, at UNC-Chapel Hill.
For details and a complete schedule, go to tellingourstories.web.unc.edu.
‘Queen of the Sun’
The Emerson Waldorf School shows “Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?” at 7 p.m. in the Brown Wing at 6211 New Jericho Road, Chapel Hill. 919-967-1858, emersonwaldorf.org.
▪ The Carrboro Farmers’ Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon in the Carrboro Town Commons beside Town Hall at 301 W. Main St.
▪ The Chapel Hill Farmers’ Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at 201 S. Estes Drive.
Spring Wildflower Walk
The Friends of Bolin Creek host a Spring Wildflower Walk with David Otto at 10 a.m. beginning in the Wilson Park parking lot, 101 Wilson St., Carrboro.
Please send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Cornucopia House Cancer Support Center offers a free Restorative Yoga class for anyone affected by cancer from 9:30-11 a.m. Sundays at Blue Point Yoga Studio, 2816 Erwin Road, Durham. 919-401-9333.
▪ Meet to send books to people in prison 1-4 p.m. Sundays at 621 Hillsborough Road, Carrboro. prisonbooks.info.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets 4-5 p.m. Sundays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. 919-360-3789.
▪ Breastfeeding Cafe, an informal drop-in for breastfeeding moms, is 10-11 a.m. Mondays at the Red Hen, University Mall, 201 S. Estes Drive.
▪ A yoga class by the UNC Comprehensive Cancer Support Program for people with cancer, caregivers and cancer survivors is 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays at Carolina Pointe II, 6011 Farrington Road. Each class costs $5. unclineberger.org.
▪ Women 55 and older walk trails in Meadowmont at 3:30 p.m. Mondays. 919-967-4054, email@example.com.
▪ Anorexia Bulimia Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders, meets 7-8 p.m. Mondays in room 17 at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill. triangleaba.wix.com/meeting.
▪ Overeaters Anonymous meets from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road: 919-259-2843. Meetings are also held from 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at Evergreen United Methodist Church, U.S. 15-501: 919-933-1355. Another group meets 12:30-1:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrboro United Methodist Church, 200 Hillsborough Road. This group meets in the white building beside the main church building, directly across from Looking Glass Cafe.
▪ Gamblers Anonymous meets at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at Amity United Methodist Church, 825 Estes Drive. Call Tom at 919-460-9039.
▪ A 12-step program for relatives and friends of addicts meets 8-9 p.m. Mondays at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3638 Chapel Hill Road, Durham. 919-596-2915, nar-anon.org.
▪ Cornucopia House Cancer Support Center offers a free Restorative Yoga class for anyone affected by cancer from 10-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 940 Carmichael St., Chapel Hill. 919-401-9333.
▪ A needlework group that creates knitted and crocheted items for charities meets 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, in Meeting Room A. 919-968-2780.
▪ Residents 50 and up play bingo from 2-3:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Carrboro Century Center, 100 N. Greensboro St., Carrboro. 919-918-7364.
▪ A Meditation 101 class introduces beginners to meditation from 7-8:15 p.m. every Tuesday at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. Walk-ins are welcome. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ The Chapel Hill Zen Center hosts a group with a Buddhist perspective on 12-step programs at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 5322 N.C. 86. Meetings begin with 20 minutes of silent meditation. 919-265-7600, ZenandRecovery@gmail.com.
▪ The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance support group meets from 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays at Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive. 919-533-9510.
▪ The Optimist Club of Chapel Hill meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first, second and third Wednesdays of the month at the Bob Evans restaurant, 5419 Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham. New members are welcome.
▪ The People of Color Meditation Group meets 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Chapel Hill Zen Center, 5322 N.C. 86. For details, email Conal or Kriti: firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ An introduction to Buddhist philosophy, psychology and meditation will be from 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Kosala Buddhist Center, 711 W. Rosemary St., Suite E, Carrboro. meditationinchapelhill.org, KosalaEPC@gmail.com.
▪ The Planting Seeds Sangha group meets to study and practice the Buddha’s teachings on mindfulness and meditation from 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays at the Church of the Advocate, 8410 Merin Road, Chapel Hill. Newcomers are welcome and no experience is necessary. plantingseedssangha.org.
▪ Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meets from 10:30 a.m. to noon Fridays at the United Church of Chapel Hill, 1321 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. foodaddicts.org.
To add your club to the calendar or update your group’s meeting time or location, send information two weeks in advance to email@example.com.
Class at SEEDS
A free martial arts and dance class at SEEDS Community Gardens in Durham is looking for new members. The class is led by Thaddeus Bennett. For details or to join, call 919-683-1197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Area Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority will accept applications for scholarships from high school seniors in the Orange County, Chapel Hill-Carrboro and Chatham County school districts until the postmark deadline of Wednesday, Feb. 24.
Merit and need-based academic scholarships are availiable. Students are required to submit an essay on three initiatives to improve racial relationships locally and in general. chcaa-dst.org.
Orange County Republican Party
The Orange County Republican Party’s Precinct Meetings and County Convention will be Thursday, March 3, at Sunrise Church, 1315 New Hope Trace, Chapel Hill.
Registration starts at 5:30 p.m., meetings begin at 6:45 p.m. and the convention starts at 7:15 p.m. orangencgop.org.