Practice has new owner
Martha Harris is the new owner of Access Physical Therapy & Wellness, which has offices in Clayton, Knightdale and Holly Springs.
In 1994, Harris earned her bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Seven years later, she and her family moved to Raleigh.
In Clayton, Access Physical Therapy & Wellness is in Suite 300 at 8838 U.S. 70 Business. Hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays. The phone number is 919-550-7722.
Father, son carrying on business
The father-and-son team of Harold and Adam Webster are carrying on Webster’s Income Tax Service, which Barbara Webster, Harold’s wife and Adam’s mother, operated for more than 30 years.
The office is at 814 S. Third St. in Smithfield. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Barbara Webster died Nov. 3, 2013.
Johnston Community College has scheduled the following free business seminars at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Smithfield. To register for a seminar, call 919-209-2591, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit johnstoncc.edu/sbcregistration.aspx.• Business Structure 101 – 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24. This seminar will review the various structures a business can take, the advantages and disadvantages of each, and the basic steps needed to start each type.
• Networking 101 for the Small Business – 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26. A networking expert will introduce the art of positive networking.
• Business of Being an Artist – 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 1. The seminar will answer questions about how to manage an art-based business.
Luncheon in Clayton
The Clayton Women in Networking will meet at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the Wagner House on Main Street in downtown Clayton. The luncheon is $10.50 in advance or $15 at the door. To purchase tickets, email Kay Scott at email@example.com.
Johnston Community College has scheduled the following computer classes for businesses. All will meet at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. To register, call 919-209-2591 or visit johnstoncc.edu.• Access Level I – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, March 6-7. Learn the basic of computer databases. The fee is $71.
• Access Level II – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday March 27-28. The class will build on the foundations learned in Access Level I. The fee is $71.
• Access Level III – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 10-11. The fee is $71.
• Excel Level III – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 3-4. The fee is $71.
• Foundations in Entrepreneurship – 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, March 27 through May 15. The course is designed for those students with an active goal of starting a small business. The fee is $125.
• PowerPoint Level I – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 24-25. Topics include creating basic PowerPoint slides; working with drawing tools and clip art; creating organization charts and data graphs; using templates and masters; and presentation options. The fee is $71.
• Quickbooks 2012 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 1. Learn how to create accurate and timely financial reports. The fee is $125.
• Word Level II – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, Feb. 20-21. Topics include tables, columns, graphics, styles, mail merges, macros and templates. Prerequisite: Word Level I or strong experience using MS Word. The registration fee is $71.
• Notary public classes – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Benson Conference Center; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, at the Workforce Development Center; 6-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 3-4, at the Kenly Center; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, March 21, at the Workforce Development Center; 6-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 24-25, on the JCC main campus in Smithfield; and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, April 11, at the Workforce Development Center. The cost is $99 and includes the book.
Send business notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.