Bank welcomes compliance officer
Denise Owen Senter has joined Four Oaks Bank as compliance officer.
A native of Angier, Senter attended Harnett Central High School, where she graduated with honors. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Campbell University, where she majored in accounting and minored in business administration.
Senter comes to Four Oaks Bank with 23 years of experience in bank auditing. Before joining Four Oaks Bank, she was general auditor with Fidelity Bank. Before that, she spent 18 years with First Citizens Bank.
“We are very fortunate to have someone of Denise’s knowledge and experience to accept this critical position within our company,” said Lisa S. Herring, executive vice president and chief risk officer at Four Oaks Bank.
College to host workforce conference
Are you looking for ideas on how to hire and retain great employees? Have you realized there are now five generations in the workplace? How is that working for you?
“Workforce 2014: What’s Your Game Plan?” – a conference for employers and managers in Johnston County – will answer these and other workplace questions.
The conference is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton.
The half-day conference includes panel discussions, networking opportunities and breakout sessions featuring local business and industry representatives.
Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee of $45. For registration information, go to johnstoncc.edu/corporatesolutions.aspx. For registration assistance, call 919-209-2591.
Chamber seeking vendors for expo
The Benson Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for its 16th annual Business Expo, which will take place Thursday, April 24, at the American Legion Building, 605 N. Wall St., Benson. For an application, call 919-894-3825 or visit benson-chamber.com.
Johnston Community College has scheduled the following computer classes for businesses. All will meet at the Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton. To register, call 919-209-2591 or visit johnstoncc.edu.
• Access Level II – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday March 27-28. The class will build on the foundations learned in Access Level I. The fee is $71.
• Access Level III – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 10-11. The fee is $71.
• Excel Level III – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 3-4. The fee is $71.
• Foundations in Entrepreneurship – 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, March 27 through May 15. The course is designed for those students with an active goal of starting a small business. The fee is $125.
• PowerPoint Level I – 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday, April 24-25. Topics include creating basic PowerPoint slides; working with drawing tools and clip art; creating organization charts and data graphs; using templates and masters; and presentation options. The fee is $71.
• Quickbooks 2012 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 1. Learn how to create accurate and timely financial reports. The fee is $125.
• Notary public classes – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, March 21, at the Workforce Development Center; 6-9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, March 24-25, on the JCC main campus in Smithfield; and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, April 11, at the Workforce Development Center. The cost is $99 and includes the book.
Send business notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.