The Christmas in Clayton Art and Homes Tour, slated for Sunday, Dec. 6, comes downtown for its fourth year and features six homes and 16 artists.
All 16 artists are award-winners and offer a variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits to abstracts to still-life and more. All works are for sale.
Tickets are $10. Tour hours are 3-7 p.m. This is a rain-or-shine event.
The homes are:
▪ The Woman’s Clubhouse, 109 S. Church St. ; it’s the tour headquarters and home of this year’s new Clayton Visual Arts art bazaar.
▪ The Wagner/historic Massey House, 121 E. Main St.
▪ The Southern Traditions/historic Barnes House, 115 E. First St.
▪ The Atchison/historic Robertson House, 304 S. Lombard St.
▪ The Hardison/historic Barbour House, 475 E. 2nd St.
▪ The Morning Glory Inn/historic Smith House, 507 E. 2nd St.
Each will be decked in holiday attire. Two will feature floral decorations by City Florist and Flowers by the Neuse, both of Clayton.
Artists in the homes are:
▪ Niada Cradle, photography.
▪ Jill Hunt, oil painting.
▪ Susan Miller, painting.
▪ Kathleen Nobles, acrylics.
▪ Janie Prete, watercolors.
▪ Mike Shields, photography.
▪ Sharlene Thomas, decorated eggs.
In addition, the work of nine other artists, all but one from Clayton, will be in the art bazaar at the Woman’s Club. Those artists:
▪ Jim Hopkins, woodworking.
▪ Kyle Wilson, photographer.
▪ Amy Beshgetoorian, Christmas ornaments.
▪ Deborah P. Coates, prints and Christmas ornaments.
▪ Carolyn Howard, miniature paintings.
▪ John McFadden, original jewelry.
▪ Michael Morrison, prints.
▪ Amy Soylu, coasters.
▪ Jo Lee Tucker of Four Oaks, small paintings.
Tickets are available:
▪ At Hocutt-Ellington Memorial Library, 100 S. Church St., Clayton.
▪ At the Clayton Chamber of Commerce, 301 E. Main St., Clayton.
▪ By telephoning 919-550-8934.
▪ From any Clayton Visual Arts member.
▪ By using PayPal at http://claytonvisualartsnc.org/calendar/christmas-in-clayton-2015.
▪ On the day of the event at the Woman’s Club.
Several downtown businesses will be open the day of the tour for Christmas shopping and dining:
▪ City Florist, 549 E. Main St.
▪ Flowers by the Neuse, 321 E. Main St.
▪ Manning’s restaurant, 406 E. Main St.
▪ Rejoyce! gift shop, 408 E. Main St.
▪ Three Little Birds Home Décor, 400 E. Main St.
▪ Wine on Main, 459 E. Main St.
Programs and maps of the Christmas tour will be available the day of the event at the Woman’s Club.
Proceeds from the tour will support grants for classroom art teachers.