Fire hits million-dollar Durham home near Treyburn Country Club
02/27/2014 11:21 AM
02/27/2014 11:22 AM
Two people were injured and a million-dollar home was significantly damaged in a two-alarm fire at 212 Tennwood Court on Wednesday.
Firefighters came to the three-story house at about 4:30 p.m. to find heavy smoke and a large fire.
Four dogs and two adults, whom fire officials did not identify, had left the house by the time the Durham Fire Department arrived at the home, which is near the Treyburn Country Club golf course.
The fire was under control within 30 minutes, but the department reported extensive fire and water damage.
Two people were transported to a hospital. One was treated and released as of 10:40 p.m., but the condition of the second victim was not immediately available.
The cause of the fire was related to use of a fireplace, according Deputy Fire Chief Chris Iannuzzi reported.
No firefighters were injured, Iannuzzi said.
Durham County tax records list the value of the three-story house on a 1.7-acre lot as $1.1 million.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.