Notable accomplishments for Durham.
▪ Durham Police Chief Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis recently received the Special Service Award from the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police. Davis, who was named Durham police chief this past spring, previously was a deputy chief for the Atlanta Police Department and was with that department for more than 30 years.
▪ Durham County commissioners Fred Foster, Brenda Howerton and Ellen Reckhow attended the National Association of Counties annual conference in California.
▪ Linda Walters of Durham County was presented the Governor’s Award for Volunteer Service by Gov. Pat McCrory.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Riverside High School graduate Morgan Whithaus was awarded the Katherine R. Everett Scholarship by the Durham Woman’s Club.
▪ Christopher Young of Durham earned the rank of Eagle, the highest achievement in Boy Scouting. He is a member of Troop 424 at Immaculate Conception Church in Durham.
Send Notables information two weeks in advance to email@example.com.