Craig Moore clinched the 2015 Late Model Stock points championship at Orange County Speedway on Sunday with a third-place finish in the second of two 35-lap features.
Earlier Chris Denny copped a win the first of two races for the track’s premier division.
Chuck Lawson edged Layne Riggs to win the second event.
Lawson finished second in the annual Late Model points race, with Denny placing third for the season.
Moore went into Sunday’s races with 553 season points – 37 ahead of Lawson and 54 in front of Denny. Moore would have needed to finish well out of the top 10 for anyone to catch him.
Danny Willis Jr. and Riggs each won one of two 20-lap Limited Sportsman races Sunday, with Riggs clinching that division crown with his triumph in the second feature.
In other races ...
▪ Jared Gilles used a win in the first of two 15-lap events for Street Stocks to secure the title in that class. He finished second to Cory Purnell in Race No. 2.
▪ Danny Wenstadt finished sixth, but it was enough to barely claim his first Pure Stock season championship over Mikey Milam, with Greg Murphy nosing out Mike Herron to win the race.
▪ Anthony Bennett used a victory to wrap up the Super Mini-Truck points trophy.
▪ Justin Taylor conquered the Allison Legacy Car field.
▪ Mike Bledsoe was top dog in a 20 lapper for the Southern Ground Pounders.