Teacher of the Year finalists announced
04/01/2014 4:23 PM
04/01/2014 4:24 PM
The Wake County school system has announced the 13 finalists for the 2014 Teacher of the Year award.
The finalists are:• Dorothy Andrews of Daniels Middle in Raleigh.
• Sarah Bratton of Sycamore Creek Elementary in Raleigh.
• Laurie Bubenik of Vandora Springs Elementary in Garner.
• Susan DePerno of East Cary Middle in Cary.
• Christine Hahner of Wiley Elementary in Raleigh.
• Joy Hughes of Holly Ridge Middle in Holly Springs.
• Janice Kidd of Mills Park Middle in Cary.
• Kristen Larsen of Sanderson High in Raleigh.
• Brian Quigley of Lockhart Elementary in Knightdale.
• Allison Reid of Heritage High in Wake Forest.
• Penny Smith of East Millbrook Middle in Raleigh.
• Gail Stevens of Dillard Drive Middle in Raleigh.
• Jennifer Wood of Smith Elementary in Garner.
The 2014 Wake County Teacher of the Year will be named at a banquet May 8.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.