Pleasant Grove Baptist Church will hold a youth revival at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 952 Morphus Bridge Road, Wendell. Elder Reginald Hinton from St. Mary’s Free Will Baptist will speak. Call 919-365-7292 for more information.
Hallelujah Hearts fundraiser
Bible Essence Missionary Baptist Church will host its anniversary event and Hallelujah Hearts fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at the First Cosmopolitan Mulitpurpose Center, 1515 Crosslink Road, Raleigh. There will be a word of inspiration, song, and door prizes. Tickets are $30 and can be bought in advance or at the door. Dinner choices are chicken or steak. Call 919-552-8639 for more information.
Shiloh Temple will host a community day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at 118 W. Oak St., Zebulon. There is no charge for admission, and book bags will be given to the first 100 children registered. Call 919-269-9221 or email email@example.com to register.
St. John United Holy Church will hold a bookbag drive from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays until Aug. 22 at 3201 Jack Mitchell Road, Zebulon. Call 919-820-0791 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Hand of God Church Ministries provides free, nutritious meals for children and teens through August from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday at 116 W. Horton St., Zebulon.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.