Homecomings• Wendell First Baptist Church will celebrate its 96th annual homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 19, at 119 Church St., Wendell. The Rev. Gary Lee will speak, and dinner will be served after the message.
• Dr. Gattis Perry will be the homecoming speaker at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. A meal will be served in the Hendricks Fellowship Hall immediately following the 11 a.m. service.
Light House convention
Light House Gospel Association will hold its convention at Oct. 9-11 at Eternal Life Fellowship Church, 4419 S. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. Free matinees will be held Friday and Saturday, with the main concert Thursday at 7 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m. Call 919-497-6025 for more information.
Family Fun Day
Beula Christian Baptist Church will hold a Family Fun Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, at 8225 Mitchell Mill Road, Zebulon. Attractions include free hot dogs and chips, music, games, bounce houses, face painting, a corn hole tournament and more.
Fall Festivals• Zebulon United Methodist Church will host its 31st annual Fall Festival from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, at 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Events include breakfast, a bake shop, country store, craft room, plant shop, silent auction, children’s activities, barbecue chicken and pork dinners and a live auction. Call Darrel Jones at 919-269-5851 for more information.
• A fall festival will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at Knightdale Baptist Church, 15 Main St., Knightdale. Attractions include a hot dog dinner, costume contest, games, candy and prizes. The church will also accept food and monetary donations for the Operation Shoebox Ministry.
The second Wendell area food drive will be hosted by local churches and will collect grocery bags with non-perishable items at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. Residents are asked to leave their bags on their front steps or porches. Bags will be picked up by participating churches starting at 10 a.m.
Pins and Needles
The Pins and Needles Quilt Group Quilt Show and Raffle will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Raffle tickets are $1, or 6 for $5. Call 919-365-6875 for information.
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church will celebrate Women’s Day with a mini conference from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at 952 Morphus Bridge Road, Wendell. Minister Vickie L. Parker, of Zebulon First Baptist Church, will speak. Angela Bell will speak at 11 a.m. at the Sunday, Oct. 19 service.
Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Church will hold a pastor’s anniversary celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. The event will feature gospel recording artist Richard Smallwood. Tickets are $40 per person.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.celebraterecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit greenpines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Call 919-375-4275 for more information.
• The food pantry at Knightdale United Methodist Church is open from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.