Bridging the Gap
Riley Hill Baptist Church will host a community forum on “Bridging the Gap between Law Enforcement and Our Youth” at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 13. The forum will be led by police, political, community and clergy leaders, and will address how to ensure interactions between young people and police to avoid the escalation of violence.
Senior breakfast series
Wakefield Central Baptist Church will hold the second installment of its breakfast series for high school seniors from 6:30 to 7 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. This session will focus on developing good time management skills and will be presented by Col. Allen Boyette, Chief of Staff, N.C. Army National Guard.
The second Wendell area food drive will be hosted by local churches and will collect grocery bags with non-perishable items at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. Residents are asked to leave their bags on their front steps or porches. Bags will be picked up by participating churches starting at 10 a.m.
The men of Zebulon First Baptist Church will host a fish and barbecue chicken plate sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the BP service station at 603 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon.
Pins and Needles
The Pins and Needles Quilt Group Quilt Show and Raffle will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Raffle tickets are $1, or 6 for $5. Call 919-365-6875 for information.
Pleasant Grove Baptist Church will celebrate Women’s Day with a mini conference from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at 952 Morphus Bridge Road, Wendell. Minister Vickie L. Parker, of Zebulon First Baptist Church, will speak. Angela Bell will speak at 11 a.m. at the Sunday, Oct. 19 service.
Wendell First Baptist Church will celebrate its 96th annual homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 19, at 119 Church St., Wendell. The Rev. Gary Lee will speak and dinner will be served after the message.
• A fall festival will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at Knightdale Baptist Church, 15 Main St., Knightdale. Attractions include a hot dog dinner, costume contest, games, candy and prizes. The church will also accept food and monetary donations for the Operation Shoebox Ministry.
• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will hold its annual Hallelujah Fall Fest from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The event will include a free hot dog supper, photo booth, face painting and pumpkin prayer, and will conclude with a trunk-or-treat event. Costumes are welcome but not required.
Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Church will hold a pastor’s anniversary celebration from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. The event will feature gospel recording artist Richard Smallwood. Tickets are $40 per person.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.celebraterecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie for other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit greenpines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email@example.com
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Call 919-375-4275 for more information.
• The food pantry at Knightdale United Methodist Church is open from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.