Boy Scout Troop 365 will host a pizza fundraiser from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 4, at Grand Street Pizza, 911 McKnight Drive, Knightdale. For details, go to mygrandstreetpizza.com.
The Wendell Masonic Lodge will hold its annual spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 7, at 27 N. Main St., Wendell. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased in advance from the Western Auto Store in Wendell, or at the event. For details, call 919-266-6032.
Rolesville High School PTSA will host the Reindeer Days shopping event from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at 1099 E. Young St., Rolesville. Admission is $2, or a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Backpack Buddies program.
Brunswick stew sale
The Dragon Slayers M/C will hold its annual fall Brunswick stew sale starting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the IGA at 2971 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. Containers are $7 per quart. Proceeds will benefit Firefighters Assisting Armed Forces Families. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-orders.
Zebulon Cub Scout Pack 522 will hold a barbecue chicken fundraiser starting at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at Zebulon Baptist Church, 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9, at Family Life Center, 15 Main St., Knightdale.
Craft fairs• A craft/vendor fair will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, in Wendell, to benefit the Relay for Life. “The Jingle Bell Express” has space for 41 crafter/vendor booths. For more information and vendor application, call Vickie at 919-210-6888 or email email@example.com. Registration deadline is Nov. 12.
• The Jingle Bell Express is a one-day craft/vendor fair open to the public from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at Wendell Baptist Church, 3651 Wendell Blvd.
The Wendell Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the Mayor’s Award. To submit a nomination, write a letter explaining why your nominee is deserving of the award. Send it to: Town of Wendell, Attn: Mayor Tim Hinnant, 15 E. Fourth St., Wendell, by Nov. 14. The winner will be announced at this year’s chamber banquet Nov. 20.
Volunteers are needed to help set up Lake Myra’s Christmas lights in downtown Wendell through Nov. 14. All ages, skill levels and abilities are encourage to help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host the Knightdale Turkey Leg 5K Family Fun Walk/Run at 8:30 a.m. Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, Nov. 27, at Knightdale Station Park, 810 N. First Ave., Knightdale. Registration is $15 per person (participants 5 and under free). Registrations will be accepted until Nov. 26.
The Town of Zebulon and Zebulon Chamber of Commerce art exhibits are on display through November from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 815 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
The 5 County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Bennett Bunn Plantation, 1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon. The group welcomes new members. For more information, visit www.5cba.org or call Bryon Way at 919-295-0245.
East Wake Senior Center events• The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes, and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• Join free exercise classes including Tone & Sweat, Zumba, Bandercise, Aerobics, Chi-Gong, and Dancing. Other activities include bridge, bingo, Yahtzee, dominoes, Pinochle and Rook, as well as musical choir and handbell groups. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Center offers Medicare counseling during open enrollment on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 1 to 4 p.m through Dec. 7.
• The Center will hold its annual craft sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 3-7.
• Join the Center for art classes running through Nov. 13. The classes are from 1 to 4 p.m. with art instructor John Duzs.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.• East Regional Library is seeking adult volunteers to help care for the library. Two-hour morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
• Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
• 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites, submitting online applications, and more.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
Cub Scouts meetings
Cub Scout Pack 522 of Zebulon meets at 7 p.m. Monday nights at Zebulon Baptist Church, 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Visit cubscoutpack522.weebly.com for more information.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email email@example.com for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.• Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.