Faith Notes: Feb. 26
02/25/2014 3:56 PM
02/25/2014 3:58 PM
Riley Hill Family Life Center will host its Nutrition Education and Cooking Demonstration workshop series from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Rile Hill Road, Wendell. The program will teach participants how to prepare a healthy dinner and sty in healthy shape. The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Call 919-612-6332 for more information.
A flea market and bake sale will be held from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 1, at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Clothes, furniture, toys, homemade baked goods and breakfast items will be for sale.
Lighthouse Gospel Music Association will present Higher Ground and Randy Ward at 7 p.m. Friday, March 7, at Eternal Life Fellowship, 4419 S. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. Call 919-217-0064 for more information.
Preschool open houses• Knightdale UMC Preschool is a half-day program that serves children ages 15 months to 5 years. An open house will be held from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, March 9, at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. The open house will also include a spaghetti lunch and a silent auction to benefit the church. Call 919-266-2373 or email preschool@KnightdaleUMC.org for more information.
• Wendell Baptist Preschool will hold an open house for their half-day program from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 9, at 3651 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. There will be children’s activities, including a giant slide, obstacle course, bounce house and popcorn. For more information, call 919-365-3103.
A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979. The group will not meet during February. A new session will begin in March.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.