Wendell First Baptist Church will host its 96th Homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, March 16, at 119 Church St., Wendell. Pastor The Rev. James E. Lee will speak on “Moving Forward by Faith.”
Rites of Passage
Good Hope Baptist Church will host an information and registration session for the Good Hope Rites of Passage Program, a manhood development initiative for males ages 13-17. The program will take place from 7 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at 4209 Smithfield Road, Knightdale. The program is free. For more information call 919-604-1324 or visit www.TheGoodHopeWay.net.
Ebenezer United Methodist Church will hold a pork barbecue sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, March 21, at 6020 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh. $8 per plate eat-in includes all-you-can-eat barbecue, slaw, potato salad, hush puppies, a roll and a drink. Takeout is also available. Barbecue is also sold for $8 per pound. For more information, call 919-772-1664.
Zebulon First Baptist Church will hold a free spaghetti lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 22, 304 East Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919 269-7355 for more information.
Day of Service
Local congregations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will hold their annual Day of Service food drive from 8 a.m. to noon March 29, at 300 Jones St., Zebulon and 7312 Forestville Road, Knightdale. The food drive’s objective is to raise over 90,000 lbs of food and items for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Donations can be dropped at either church location on the day of the event. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divine Revelation Church in Bailey will host a gospel sing at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 30, at 6210 Main St., Bailey. Performers include Freddy Pace and Company, The Pilgrim Travelers, Grady Walston and Blessed and Voices of Faith. There is no admission charge, but a love offering will be taken.
Mount Carmel A.M.E. Church will celebrate its pastor, the Rev. Annette Joyner Moore, at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 30, at 12197 O’Neal St., Bailey. the Rev. Deother Melvin will speak.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.