A Missionary Day observance will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday, March 27, at Malaby’s Crossroads Missionary Baptist Church, 911 Old Knight Road, Knightdale. David Crabtree is the guest speaker.
Day of Service
Local congregations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will hold their annual Day of Service food drive from 8 a.m. to noon March 29, at 300 Jones St., Zebulon and 7312 Forestville Road, Knightdale. The food drive’s objective is to raise over 90,000 lbs of food and items for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Donations can be dropped at either church location on the day of the event. For more information, email email@example.com.
Divine Revelation Church in Bailey will host a gospel sing at 4 p.m. Sunday, March 30, at 6210 Main St., Bailey. Performers include Freddy Pace and Company, The Pilgrim Travelers, Grady Walston and Blessed and Voices of Faith. There is no admission charge, but a love offering will be taken.
Mount Carmel A.M.E. Church will celebrate its pastor, the Rev. Annette Joyner Moore, at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 30, at 12197 O’Neal St., Bailey. the Rev. Deother Melvin will speak.
A celebration of Belarussian Day will be held from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The celebration will include a yard sale and bazaar, with an auction at 5 p.m. Silent auctions and a bake sale will also be held. Three meals will also be available for purchase. Those interested in renting a 10 by 10 space for $25 should call 919-269-7197.
A church anniversary celebration will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 13, at Calvary Faith Center, 4825 Rolesville Road, Wendell. The event is a joint celebration of a 25-year anniversary for Solid Rock Church and a 10-year anniversary for Calvary Faith Center. The two churches merged eight years ago. For more information visit CalvaryFaith.com.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.