Faith Notes: April 20
04/18/2014 12:00 AM
04/17/2014 1:00 PM
Pleasant Grove Baptist will hold a Resurrection Sunday morning worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday, April 20, at 952 Morpheus Bridge Road, Wendell. The service will include liturgical dance and song, as well as a message.
Plate sales• Knightdale United Methodist Church will host a chicken barbecue lunch and dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 25, at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. The cost is $8 per plate, which includes barbecue chicken, boiled potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert. Eat in or takeout. Call 919-266-2373 or visit KnightdaleUMC.net to order tickets.
• Vision Baptist Church will host a barbecue chicken fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 25, at 7633 Buffaloe Road, Raleigh. Tickets are $8. Eat in or takeout.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church will host a fish fry at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 3, at 2804 Hunters Cove Court, Zebulon. Plates are $7 and come with fish, potatoes, slaw and hush puppies. Eat-in or takeout. Call 919-269-9408 for advance tickets.
Rocky Cross Holiness Church will hold a Spring Fling event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at 12524 Anderson Road, Zebulon. Food, craft and retail vendors, a silent auction, inflatable games and face painting will be among the attractions. Visit RockyCrossHoliness.org.
Wendell Baptist Church will host Operation InAsMuch from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at 3651 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. The outreach program will include a clothing giveaway, a free car wash, an automobile checkup, small engine repair, assistance with computer issues and a free hot dog lunch from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The American Red Cross Blood Mobile will be there from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Ivan Parker in concert
Zebulon United Methodist Church will host a concert with Ivan Parker at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Call 919-269-9408 for more information.
The Wendell Council of Churches will host a prayer service at noon Thursday, May 1, at the Ashley Town Square in downtown Wendell. Call 919-142-5804 for more information.
The Red Hill United Church of Christ’s missions department will hold a “Free Fellowship” event at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 31, at 10142 Buffalo Road, Clayton. Free lunch will be served.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. An open house will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.