Sons of Confederate Veterans
The Col. Henry K. Burgwyn/East Wake Camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at Boulevard Pizza, 2925 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. Lizzy Adams of The Salvation Army will speak on the programs of that organization. A meal will take place at 6:30 p.m., followed by the program at 7:15 p.m. For more information, call 919-365-5206.
American Legion meets
American Legion Post 529 will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at the Raleigh East Airport, 3 Sisters Road, Knightdale. Call 919-906-6658 for more information.
Memorial Day service
The Wendell American Legion post will hold a Memorial Day service at 5 p.m. Sunday, May 25, at 5100 Wendell Blvd., Wendell.
Zebulon Parks & Recreation
Zebulon Parks & Recreation hosts events for the whole family for having fun and staying fit. Visit TownOfZebulon.org for more information.
Knightdale Parks & Recreation will host a Daddy-Daughter Dance Friday, June 13, at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road. Visit Knightdalenc.gov for more information.
Rex Blood Drive
Rex Blood Drive will take place from 8 a.m. to noon June 14, at Knightdale Station, 826 N. First Ave., Knightdale. Signup forms are at www.mysignup.com/kprd. For more information, call 919-217-2234.
4-H camp week
Wake County 4-H offers youth ages 8-14 the opportunity to camp at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Center in Reidsville, N.C. June 22-27 and experience traditional camp activities such as swimming, archery, horseback riding, canoeing, outdoor living skills and more. Older campers in the Adventurer group learn outdoor living skills and the Trekker group goes on an overnight canoe and rock-climbing trip. For more information, visit go.ncsu.edu/WakeCamps.
The Wake County Public School System will offer the following classes at Knightdale High through its Lifelong Learning Program. For more information, call 919-431-7593 or visit wcpss.net/adult-edu. Knightdale High is located at 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale.
• The Counselor and The Dad: Get a College Education Through College Athletics. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, June 5. Cost is $50.
• Certified Nursing Assistant Level 1 Short Course. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays from June 9-30. Cost is $125.
• 30 Days to Living On Purpose. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, June 9 to 30. Cost is $125.
• ServSafe Certification. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays, from June 11 to 26. Cost is $207.
• Caribbean Cooking. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays, June 17. Cost is $59.
• Job Skills for Career-Readiness. 6:30 to 9:30 pm Wednesday, June 25. Cost is $30.
Independence Day celebrations
• Knightdale’s inaugural Fourth of July celebration will be held at 5 p.m. Knightdale Station Park, 810 First Ave., Knightdale, with fireworks at 9:15 p.m. The festival will include food trucks, vendors, music, activities and fireworks. A shuttle will run from Knightdale Community Park. Call 919-217-2236 for more information.
Camp Choices will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, July 28 to August 1, at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. Applications can be picked up at the Wendell Police Department and must be submitted by June 26.
Relay For Life events
•Through May 31,
the Clyde’s Chapel Baptist Church Team will have tickets for $1 for the opportunity to take home a “double wedding ring” pattern queen size quilt. The winner will be announced at 9 a.m. at the Relay event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Saturday, June 7:
Clyde’s Chapel Baptist Church will hold a car show at 16657 Buffalo Road, Wendell. Email email@example.com.
• The PACEr’s continue to sell their “Colors of Hope” bracelets for $10 each. Call 919-801-5898 to purchase.
• The Relay Road Runners are selling Ribbon T-shirts in pink and purple for $18 each. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The PACEr’s are selling “Cookin’ for A Cause” Cookbooks for $10 each. See Bobbi Jane Duke, Connie Gay or Shelli McInnis.
• The Sole Mates are selling “Awareness Pillows and Purses.” Pillows are $20 each and the purses are $10 each. Contact Sharon Barrow at email@example.com
• Walking With Wings has “Strike Out Cancer” themed cornhole boards. To purchase a ticket or for more information, contact Gina Temple at 919-669-6203 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Union Hope Team are selling tickets for an opportunity to take home a “Relay for Life T-shirt Lap Quilt.” The winner will be announced at the Relay for Life event May 31. Tickets are $1 each. Contact Ellen Williams at 919-269-6799.
• The Wendell Farmer’s Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon every Saturday through Oct. 25 and features local goods, crafts and produce. Visit WendellFarmersMarket.org.
• The Knightdale Farmer’s Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Saturday. Local produce and artisan-crafted goods will be for sale. Various bands and entertainment will perform each week. Those wanting to sell or perform at the Farmer’s Market should call 919-217-2234. All events will be at Knightdale Station, 826 N. First Ave., Knightdale.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes, and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• The Center offers medicare counseling on the second Tuesday of each month. The Seniors Health Insurance Information Program is designed to counsel seniors on Medicare changes or questions. Call for an appointment.
• The Center is seeking volunteers who have experience in office work, cleaning and organizing, as well as individuals with sewing, ceramics and craft experience.
• The Center is accepting applications for new members. Registration is free, though there may be a charge for specific services or programs. Call or stop by the Center to sign up.
• An AARP Driving Class will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday, June 12. $15 for AARP members, $20 for non-members. Money is due the day of the class.
• The Center invites adults 60 and older to enjoy a free hot meal weekdays. The Center, open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., also hosts daily exercise sessions, informative programs, entertainment and bingo.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
East Regional Library is seeking adult volunteers to help care for the library. Two-hour morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts are available.
Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email HandsOfExtension@hotmail.com for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
• Story time: 6 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturday.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
Abrakadoodle, for ages 20 months to 12 years old, meets Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Twoosy (20 months to 3 years old) will be offered from 9-9:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Tuesday. Mini-Doodler (3 and a half to 5 years old) will be offered from 10-10:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Thursday. Doodler (5 and a half to 12 years old) will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday. Twoosy and Mini-Doodler classes are $54 per session, and Doodler classes are $58. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The 5 County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Bennett Bunn Plantation, 1915 Old Bunn Road, Zebulon. The group welcomes new members. For more information, visit www.5cba.org or call Bryon Way at 919-295-0245.