Faith Notes: June 4
06/02/2014 12:00 AM
02/15/2015 11:24 AM
Holy Land presentation
A Holy Land presentation will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, in the fellowship hall of Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. The session will discuss a trip to the Holy Land March 2015. Call 919-269-9315 for more information.
Eternal Life Fellowship Church will host a gospel sing at 7 p.m. Friday, June 6, at 4419 Smithfield Road, Knightdale. The event will feature “The Griggs” and “Redemption.” Call 919-497-6025 for more information.
Food drives• Wendell area churches will collect food to help replenish the food pantries of Wendell Baptist, Wendell United Methodist and Pleasant Grove Baptist Churches. The following churches will drop off bags at homes throughout the community to be filled with nonperishable foods such as canned and dry goods. Leave filled bags on your front porch or stairs by 10 a.m. Saturday, June 7, for pickup.
Participating churches are: New Hope Baptist; Pleasant Grove Baptist; Covenant Presbyterian; St. Eugene Catholic; Wendell Baptist; First Baptist of Wendell; Wendell Christian; and Wendell United Methodist.• O’Neal Revival Tabernacle Church will accept non-perishable food donations from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. Canned goods, as well as dry goods like rice, beans, cereal and pasta are among the items most needed, as wells as household items, paper products, hygiene items and infant care supplies.
The Glory Cloud Tabernacle Church will hold a fish fry from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at 205 E. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. Plates are $8 and will consist of two vegetables, bread and a dessert.
A Healing Revival
Pastors Woody and Jodie Butler are returning to Wendell to host “A Healing Revival” at 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, June 11 and 12, at the Outdoor Recreation Center Building, 4900 Wendell Blvd., Wendell. Woody and Jodie Butler are the senior pastors at Abundant Life Church in Charleston, S.C.
East Wake Animal Hospital will hold a rabies clinic from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 14, at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon to raise money for the church’s building fund. Cost is $7, cash only.
Yard sales• Zebulon Baptist Church will hold a yard sale June 14 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 400 Arendell Ave., Zebulon. Proceeds will go to the East Wake Education Foundation, the Boys & Girls Club of Zebulon, Shepherd’s Care Medical Clinic, The Purple Shoe Thrift Shoppe and Wake Senior Citizens. Hot dogs and drinks will be for sale from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Riley Hill Baptist Church will hold a community yard sale from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 28, at 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Set up your own table for $10. A bake sale, food sale and more will be held. Call 919-879-4424 for more information.
Vacation Bible school
Zebulon Baptist Church will hold a vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to noon June 16-20, at 400 Arendell Ave., Zebulon. This year’s theme is “Weird Animals,” and the program is for age 4 through rising eighth graders. Register at zebulonbaptist.com/vbs.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. An open house will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.