The Chuck Wagon Gang will perform at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 21, at Hopkins Chapel Baptist Church, 4525 Hopkins Chapel Road, Zebulon. A love offering will be taken.
Riley Hill Baptist Church will hold a community yard sale from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 28, at 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. Set up your own table for $10. A bake sale, food sale and more will be held. Call 919-879-4424 for more information.
Vacation Bible schools
• Zebulon Baptist Church will hold a vacation Bible school from 9 a.m. to noon June 16-20, at 400 Arendell Ave., Zebulon. This year’s theme is “Weird Animals,” and the program is for age 4 through rising eighth graders. Register at zebulonbaptist.com/vbs.
• Good Hope Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, June 16 through Friday, June 20, at 4209 Smithfield Road, Knightdale. This year’s theme is “Praise Break: Celebrating the Works of God.” The program is free. Visit TheGoodHopeWay.net for more information. The church is also looking for over 30 volunteers to assist in the program. Email minister Anthony Hinton at GHMBChurchKnightdale@yahoo.com.
• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will host a Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8 p.m. July 13-16 at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The theme will be “Weird Animals” for ages 2 through grade 6. Call 919-269-9512 or visit WCBChurch.org to register.
Music and acting classes
Zebulon United Methodist Church School of Music hosts private music lessons and acting classes. Acting classes begin June 30. Classes are Introduction to Acting (age ranges 10 to 12 and 13 to 16), Musical Theater (13-16), Monologues (10 to 12 and 13 to 16), and Monologues for Adults. Register by calling 919-810-3472 or visiting ZUMChurch.org.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.CelebrateRecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email@example.com
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. An open house will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.