Pleasant Grove Baptist Church will hold its 151st homecoming celebration at 3 p.m. Sunday, July 6, at 952 Morphus Bridge Road, Wendell. The Rev. Paul Anderson, senior pastor of The Fountain of Raleigh Fellowship Church, will speak.
Vacation Bible schools
• Green Pines Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 7-10 at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. This year’s theme will be “Weird Animals” for ages 3 through grade 6. Register at greenpines.org.
Never miss a local story.
• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. July 13-16 at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The theme will be “Weird Animals” for ages 2 through grade 6. Call 919-269-9512 or visit wcbchurch.org to register.
• Wendell United Methodist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6:15 to 8:15 p.m. July 13-17 at 129 N. Main St., Wendell. This year’s theme is “The Wacky World of Water” for ages 3 years through grade 5. Call 919-365-6266 for more information.
• Heritage Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 21-25 at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. This year’s theme is “God’s Backyard Bible Camp.” Ages 3-12, and a special speaker will deliver a message for teens and adults at 7 p.m. Call 919-269-6504.
• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visitwww.CelebrateRecovery.com
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email@example.com
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
• Hand of God Church Ministries provides free, nutritious meals for children and teens through August from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday at 116 W. Horton St., Zebulon.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.