Faith Notes: July 9
07/07/2014 12:00 AM
07/03/2014 2:22 PM
Wendell First Baptist Church will host a devotion at 7:30 p.m. July 16-18, at 119 Church Street, Wendell. The Rev. Dr. David Rosby will speak.
Vacation Bible schools• Wakefield Central Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. July 13-16 at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. The theme will be “Weird Animals” for ages 2 through grade 6. Call 919-269-9512 or visit wcbchurch.org to register.
• Wendell United Methodist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6:15 to 8:15 p.m. July 13-17 at 129 N. Main St., Wendell. This year’s theme is “The Wacky World of Water” for ages 3 years through grade 5. Call 919-365-6266 for more information.
• Heritage Baptist Church will host a vacation Bible school from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 21-25 at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. This year’s theme is “God’s Backyard Bible Camp.” Ages 3-12, and a special speaker will deliver a message for teens and adults at 7 p.m. Call 919-269-6504.
Support groups• A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
• Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.CelebrateRecovery.com.
Bible studies• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool registrations• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Green Pines Baptist Preschool is now enrolling students for the 2014-2015 school year. Call 919-266-3363 or visit GreenPines.org.
• Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
Food ministries• Hand of God Church Ministries provides free, nutritious meals for children and teens through August from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday at 116 W. Horton St., Zebulon.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.