Library events for children
East Regional Library: Story times for children and families are throughout the week at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. Baby story time is at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler story time is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Story time for preschoolers is 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family story time is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
Wendell Community Library: The library holds events for children at 207 S. Hollybrook Road. Story time for toddlers is 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Preschool story time is 10:30 a.m. Fridays. AVC Craft and Learn is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
A complete list of other events, including special story times, art and science is online at wakegov.com/libraries.
Girl Scout Troop 1859 hosts story time from 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays under the picnic shelter at Archer Lodge Park, 14009 Buffalo Road, Clayton.
September is Health Month at the Eastern Wake Senior Center.
A flu shot clinic, which is open to the public, will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, Sept. 29, at the same location. Registration is required. Sign up at the senior center by Wednesday, Sept. 28, and bring current insurance information. For details, call 919-365- 4248.
The Eastern Wake Senior Center hosts The D.E.E.P. (Diabetes Education Empowerment Program) from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 4 through Nov. 8, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell.
Corinth Holders alumni
The Corinth Holders High School Homecoming for alumni from the first graduating class in 1930 through 2016 will be Friday, Oct. 7. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
T-shirts are available for those who donate $25 or more to the Scholarship Fund for Seniors. Shirts are blue and purple.
The Quality of Life Foundation of North Carolina, a Knightdale-based nonprofit that assists people who are technologically dependent, will hold a golf tournament fundraiser Monday, Oct. 24 at Brier Creek Country Club, 9400 Club Hill Drive, Raleigh. The deadline to enter is Oct. 10. Sign-in begins at 10 a.m. and a shotgun start will be at 11. The cost of $400 per team includes goodie bags, cart fees, lunch, drink ticket, and one future greens fee. Registration can be completed online at qualityoflifenc.org or calling 919-599-5890. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
The Senior Center and Resources for Seniors sponsor a caregivers’ support group from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For details, call 919-365-4248.
Bread for Life of America and its community partners give free food to those in need at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of the month at the Zebulon Boys and Girls Club, 1320 Shepard School Road.
For information, call Roger Brantley at 252-314-1457.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-266-1613.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program for children ages 4-5 includes symbol and sound recognition and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, lists activities online at wakegov.com/libraries. For more, call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
Knightdale Parks and Recreation
▪ The Ready to Learn program offers free classes for ages 2 to 5 at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.