Zebulon Farm Fresh Market
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market is accepting applications for vendors and sponsors. The Market also plans to provide entertainment, fitness activities, educational opportunities and other activities that add value to the community’s quality of life. To learn more, call Maurine Brown at 919-823-0432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tree Care Seminar
Members of the Wendell Tree Board will demonstrate how to prune crape myrtle trees and discuss the best time of year for pruning from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 26 at 2863 Wendell Blvd. Bring work gloves, pruning shears and eye protection. For reservations or more information, call 919-366-2266.
East Wake Bands fundraiser
The East Wake High School and Middle School bands will hold a mattress sale fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 7 at the East Wake High School auxiliary gym, 5101 Rolesville Rd., Wendell.
Zebulon Parks and Recreation
Zebulon Parks and Recreation hosts community events throughout the year at the Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. For details, go to TownOfZebulon.org.
• April 14-16: Zebulon Parks and Recreation will host a senior spring trip to Lancaster, Pa. The trip will include the show “Moses at Sight and Sound,” two breakfasts, two dinners, tours of the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery and the Wilbur Chocolate Museum, and a night at the Lancaster County Comedy Show (family friendly). Cost is $385 for double occupancy. $200 deposit due by Feb. 27.
• 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, March 24: Participants ages 9-12 can learn to build a container garden and sample some fruits and vegetables they can grow at home with Spring Break Garden Adventure. $5 per child, register by March 19.
• The Western Front tour for July 6-16 will be organized by former social studies teacher Debbie Beavers. For details, call 919-269-9315.
Protown BMX Stunt Team to perform
The ProTown BMX professional stunt team will perform in Wendell Saturday, March 21. The first show will begin at noon with a second show to follow. Learn more about ProTown BMX at www.protownbmx.com. Rain date for the event is March 27.
Food Trucks at Wendell Park
Wendell Park will host food truck luncheons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the second Tuesday of the month beginning March 10. The park is located at 601 W. Third St., Wendell.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
• The Center offers Medicare counseling on the second Tuesday of each month. The Seniors Health Insurance Information Program is designed to counsel seniors on Medicare changes or questions. Call for an appointment.
• Join free exercise classes including Tone & Sweat, Zumba, Bandercise, Aerobics, Chi-Gong and Dancing. Other activities include bridge, bingo, Yahtzee, dominoes, Pinochle and Rook, as well as musical choir and handbell groups. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• AARP will host its annual Tax Assistance Program on Mondays and Wednesdays through April 15 at Longview Baptist Church, 2308 New Hope Road, Raleigh. Call 919-365-4248 to make an appointment.
• The Center will offer shag and ballroom dance lessons at 2 and 3 p.m. Wednesdays through February.
• The Center offers acrylic art classes by instructor John Duzs from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays. No experience necessary. A supply list is available at the Center.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
• Artists interested in having their artwork on display in the library may apply to show their artwork in the library’s main reading room for one month. Call Bob Morrill or Brandy Hamilton at 919-217-5301.
• East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays.
• 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites and submitting online applications.
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through March 31: Reading Buddies will let children in preschool through grade 5 practice their reading skills with volunteers from the library’s Teen Leadership Corps.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email email@example.com for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
• Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
• Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
• Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
• Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
• Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
• Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.