Covenant Presbyterian’s concert series will continue April 19 at 7 p.m. with the N.C. State University Chorale; and May 15 at 7:30 p.m. with the Triangle Youth Brass Band. The church is at 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell.
Easter services & events
▪ The Adult Choir of Wakefield Central Baptist Church will perform its Easter cantata, “The Wonderful Cross” on Sunday, March 29 at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. Nursery will be provided for children age 2 and under.
Never miss a local story.
▪ An invitation is extended to the public to attend Wakefield Central Baptist Church’s Maundy Thursday Service on April 2. The service will begin at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. Nursery will be provided for children age 2 and under.
▪ Wakefield Central Baptist Church invites all children, ages 12 and younger, to its annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 4, at 10 a.m. The church is located at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. After the egg hunt, hot dogs will be served for all participants. Children should bring their own baskets for the Easter egg hunt.
▪ Wakefield Central Baptist Church’s will hold a sunrise service April 5 at 7 a.m. The service will take place on the front lawn of the church at 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. A fellowship breakfast will follow the sunrise service at 7:30 a.m. in the Hendricks Fellowship Hall and regular services will follow at 8:30 and 11 a.m. in the sanctuary.
▪ The music ministry of Zebulon Baptist Church will present "The Celtic Choir: Easter Celebration" on Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Zebulon Baptist Church will hold a Maundy Thursday Service at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 2, in the sanctuary at 400 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Zebulon Baptist Church will host a sunrise service at 7 a.m. on Easter Sunday, April 5. The service will be held in the courtyard of the church at 400 N. Arndell Ave., Zebulon. A continental breakfast will be served in the fellowship hall following the service.
Zebulon United Methodist Church will host a Red Cross blood drive in the church fellowship hall Monday, March 23, from 3-7:30 p.m. To make an appointment, visit redcrossblood.org. In the “Give Blood” box, enter the sponsor code: ZUMC. Walk-ins are also welcome. For more information, call the church office at 919-269-9408.
A canvas floor labyrinth will be available for prayer walk and meditation from 5-9 p.m. Friday, March 27, and 9 a.m. until noon, Saturday, March 28 at Zebulon United Methodist Church. All who desire to worship with a labyrinth walk are welcome during these hours. The church is located at 121 W. Gannon Ave., Zebulon. For more information call the church office 919-269-9408.
BBQ chicken plate fundraiser
Hephzibah Baptist Church, 1794 Wendell Blvd., Wendell, will hold a chicken barbecue plate sale on Saturday, March 28, from 11 a.m. until supplies run out. The fundraiser will benefit the church’s missions work. Plates cost $7 each. For more information, call the church at 919-365-7847.
Tea Party and Shoppe
The women of Wendell Christian Church are having their 1st Annual Olde English Tea Party and Shoppe Saturday, April 18. Reservations are needed by April 6. Wendell Christian Church is located at 427 Mattox St., Wendell. For more information, contact Ann Todd at 919- 272-3627 or Ann Harris at 919-365-0734.
Community yard sale
Wakefield Central Baptist Church’s Belarusian ministry will sponsor a community yard sale and bazaar from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and an auction at 5 p.m. Saturday, April 11, at the church, 305 Proctor St., Zebulon. For information, contact Laurie Hicks at 919-625-7344 or Donna Smith at 919-269-7197.
David Barton will speak at Faith Baptist Church from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 11, and at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, April 12. The church is located at 2728 Marks Creek Rd., Knightdale.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
Early response training
NC United Methodist Volunteers In Missions will present “Early Response Training” on April 18th from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Zebulon United Methodist Church. The cost is $30 per person, which covers background checks and credentialing. Registration may be completed online at nccumvim.org. You do not have to be a member of the church to participate. For more information please contact the church office at 919-269-9408
Chicken plate fundraiser
Baptist Tabernacle Church will hold a barbecue chicken plate sale from 11 a.m. to 7p.m. Friday, April 10. Plates are $8 and include half a chicken, potatoes, slaw, bread and dessert. Eat-in or take-out. The church is located at 1599 NC Hwy 231, Wendell.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
▪ The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go to onealtabernacle.org.
▪ Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
▪ Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
▪ Faith Baptist Church hosts a DivorceCare weekly seminar and support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. For details, contact Loren Burch at 919-271-6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.celebraterecovery.com.
▪ Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
▪ The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
▪ Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
▪ An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
▪ The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie of other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
▪ Wendell Baptist Preschool opened registration to the public March 3. For more information, call 919-365-3103 or go to wendellbaptistpreschool.com.
▪ Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
▪ Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers a half-day preschool program from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday Knightdale. Call 919-266-2288.
▪ Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
Send faith notes to email@example.com