Zebulon farm fresh market
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market is accepting applications for vendors and sponsors. The Market also plans to provide entertainment, fitness activities, educational opportunities and other activities that add value to the community’s quality of life. To learn more, call Maurine Brown at 919-823-0432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebulon Parks and Recreation
Zebulon Parks and Recreation hosts community events throughout the year at the Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. For details, go to TownOfZebulon.org.
Never miss a local story.
Golf Tournament Fundraiser
Wendell-based Special Blesssings Inc., which serves children and adults with developmental disabilities, is holding a golf tournament fundraiser Thursday, April 30, at River Ridge Golf Club, 3224 Auburn Knightdale Road, Raleigh. Registration opens at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. For more information or to register, go to www.specialblessingsinc.net/2015-golf-tournament.html.
Wendell Park will host food truck luncheons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the second Tuesday of the month. The park is located at 601 W. Third St., Wendell.
Knightdale Station Park will host Food Truck Thursdays every week from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 810 N. First Avenue.
Knightdale Parks and Recreation is offering a yoga class from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. every Sunday at the K-FIT Center, 426 N. First Ave., Knightdale. Cost is $8 per class and no preregistration is required. Contact Chris Roland at 919-217-2234 for more information.
The American Red Cross is offering a lifeguarding class led by Barnanne Creech. Applicants must be 15 or older, be able to swim 300 yards continuously and complete various other aquatic tasks. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a life guarding certificate and first aid certificate valid for two years, as well as a CPR for the Professional Rescuer certificate. For information or to register for the course call or email Creech by April 6 at 919-269-2057 or 919-291-9288 or email@example.com.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center offers fitness and line dance classes, crafts, sewing classes and more for the active senior. The Center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
▪ The Center offers Medicare counseling on the second Tuesday of each month. The Seniors Health Insurance Information Program is designed to counsel seniors on Medicare changes or questions. Call for an appointment.
▪ Join free exercise classes including Tone & Sweat, Zumba, Bandercise, Aerobics, Chi-Gong and Dancing. Other activities include bridge, bingo, Yahtzee, dominoes, Pinochle and Rook, as well as musical choir and handbell groups. The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
▪ AARP will host its annual Tax Assistance Program on Mondays and Wednesdays through April 15 at Longview Baptist Church, 2308 New Hope Road, Raleigh. Call 919-365-4248 to make an appointment.
▪ The Center offers acrylic art classes by instructor John Duzs from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays. No experience necessary. A supply list is available at the Center.
▪ “Living Healthy with Chronic Pain”, a health and wellness class, will meet from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through April 21.
▪ The Center offers a yoga class from 1 to 2 p.m. Fridays.
▪ The Center will offer basic computer classes from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays. An appointment is required.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays.
▪ 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites and submitting online applications.
▪ 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 11: Teens may take a free SAT/ACT Practice Test.
▪ 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, April 9: “Smart Choice$ Great Fun” is an early childhood financial education celebration presented by Susana and Timmy Abell of Silver Trout Arts. The program will be followed by simple activities for preschool children and their families
▪ 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, April 18: North Carolina Symphony Music Discovery. Join a musician from the North Carolina Symphony for a music education program designed for children ages 3 through 5 and their families.
▪ Learn about the new Book Club Assistance Service. Make an appointment with a librarian for help selecting and scheduling titles for your book club.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
Extended Hands of N.C. is a community-based resource and referral agency in Wendell seeking volunteers to answer telephones, schedule appointments and assist the public in the office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zebulon Community Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Wendell Community Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
▪ Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
▪ Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
▪ The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to email@example.com.