A Festival of Music
The Riley Hill Music & Arts Ministry is presenting A Festival of Music, 4 p.m. Sunday, May 17, at Riley Hill Baptist Church, 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. The theme is Make A Joyful Noise: “Food for the Soul” Psalm 100. The program features national recording choir & Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound winners, Salvation & Deliverance of Tarboro. Others who will appear on program are Wake Technical Community College Inspirational Choir, Jae Braswell & Revived, Truly Anointed, Maurice Griffin and The RHBC Dance Ministry. Admission is free and open to the public.
Bethany Baptist Church Missions Fundraiser
Bethany Baptist Church is holding a missions fundraiser Saturday, May 30, at 3417 Rolesville Road, Wendell. The yard sale will be from 6 a.m. to noon, and the auction from 2 to 4 pm. Barbecue chicken plates will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $8. Each plate includes ½ chicken, fresh potatoes, string beans, bread & dessert, dine in or take out. All proceeds support mission projects.
Skeeter Run 5K Fun Run
The 5K Fun Run will take place 2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 31, at Knightdale Station Park, 810 North 1st Ave., in Knightdale. The entire run takes place inside the Park and includes 3 laps through the park. The run is not timed – it is intended to be fun for everyone. The run is a part of the NC United Methodist Churches No More Malaria campaign to end malaria in the world through mosquito nets and medicines. Registration is $20 in advance and $30 on the day of the run. Contact http://skeeterrunwendell.itsyourrace.com.
The Class of 2015 East Wake High School Baccalaureate services will be held Sunday, May 31 at 3:30 p.m. at Central Baptist Church, 11109 Poole Road, Wendell. Seniors are reminded to wear their cap and gown and report to the service by 2:30 p.m. Friends and family members are invited to attend the service. No ticket is required for admission to the service.
Knightdale United Methodist Church holds a Wednesday dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
▪ Zebulon First Baptist Church will distribute items from their food pantry the third Thursday of every month from 3 to 5 p.m. Pick-up is available the third Monday of every month. Contact Deacon Wallace Parham: 919-604-1496.
▪ The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go to onealtabernacle.org.
▪ Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
▪ Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
▪ Celebrate Recovery is a ministry program that helps its participants deal with emotional struggles. The group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine St. Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information, visit www.celebraterecovery.com.
▪ Faith Baptist Church hosts a DivorceCare weekly seminar and support group from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. For details, contact Loren Burch at 919-271-6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ New Covenant Life hosts a bible study and service at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 3332 S. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. The current topic is: "Christian Living and Growing in the Holy Spirit." Contact New Covenant Life by email: email@example.com. For more information visit: http://www.nclknightdale.com.
▪ A grief support group will begin on May 28, and meet the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979.
▪ Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
▪ The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
▪ Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
▪ An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie of other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
▪ Wendell Baptist Preschool opened registration to the public March 3. For more information, call 919-365-3103 or go to wendellbaptistpreschool.com.
▪ Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through Pre-K at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more.
▪ Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers half-day preschool from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
▪ Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
▪ Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Preschool has opened registration to the public. The church offers two-, three-, and five-day programs for children ages 1 through Pre-K at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-3363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send faith notes to email@example.com