Town Hall meeting
Knightdale Town Hall will hold a House district 35 Town Hall meeting from 6 to 7 p.m. Aug. 6 at 950 Steeple Square Ct., Knightdale. State Representative Chris Malone will provide an update on the legislative session to date, and answer questions from constituents.
Programs at East Regional Library
East Regional Library, 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, will hold the following event. Call 919-217-5300 for details or to register.
▪ The $mart Choice$ Great Fun: Family Fun Financial Festival, 10:30 a.m. Aug. 5, will feature a musical storytelling concert of world folktales. The program will be followed by simple activities for preschool children and their families.
The Adams family reunion will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15 in the Archer Lodge Community Center.
The non-profit Zebulon Swimming Pool, 309 W. Glenn Street, Zebulon, offers the following discount and classes.
▪ Half-season memberships are available for the remainder of the summer through Labor Day.
▪ American Red Cross swimming lessons are available for children ages 4-13. Classes will be offered 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 3-7 Sessions are four hours of instruction with a 6 to 1 ratio of swimmers to teachers. Cost is $30 for non members and $15 for members. Contact Barnanne Creech at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-291-9288.
Archer Lodger farmers market seeks vendors of home grown produce, eggs, meats, live plants, crafts, etc. For details and application go to http://TheArcherLodgeFarmersMarket.com.
Zebulon Parks & Recreation offers a package to Charleston, S.C. Oct. 19-21. Trip includes two nights at hotel, two breakfasts, two dinners, a guided tour, explore Middleton Place, boat cruise to Fort Sumter, visit to Charleston Tea Plantation and a stop at City Market. $409 per person-double occupancy, $509 per person-single occupancy, nonrefundable deposit due Aug. 12. Final payment due September 9. Contact Debbie Wheless at 919-823-0432.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-210-2580.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
▪ Wendell Park will host food truck luncheons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. The park is located at 601 W. Third St., Wendell.
▪ Knightdale Station Park will host Food Truck Thursdays every week from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 810 N. First Avenue.
The Wake County Public School System will offer classes through its Lifelong Learning Program. These classes will be held at Knightdale High School. For more information, contact 919-431-7593.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are held at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program, for children ages 4-5, teaches symbol and sound recognition, and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Wake Senior Center events
The East Wake Senior Center offers the following fitness and dance classes and more for the active senior. The center is located at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell. Call 919-365-4248 for more information.
▪ Zumba Gold with instructor Maria Bolanz from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
▪ Yoga classes with instructor Laura Wilson from 1 to 2 p.m. Fridays.
▪ Fit and Strong classes from 8:30 to 10 a. m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, July 13 through September 4. Call 919-365-4248 for more information or stop by the center to enroll. The class is designed to help older adults with lower body arthritis.
▪ Acrylic art classes by instructor John Duzs from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays. A supply list for the class is available at the center. No experience necessary.
▪ Rex Mobile Mammography will be at the center 10 a.m to 3 p.m. Tuesday August 4. Call the center for more details.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, has an extensive list of activities for the whole family. Find a complete list of events at www.wakegov.com/libraries or call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays.
▪ 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, 2 to 5 p.m. Thursdays: JobLink Job Assistance will offer help navigating job websites and submitting online applications.
▪ Learn about the new Book Club Assistance Service. Make an appointment with a librarian for help selecting and scheduling titles for your book club.
Wendell Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children in kindergarten through fifth grade at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, 207 S. Hollybrook Road, Wendell. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
▪ The K-5 Adventures takes place at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
▪ Storytime for preschoolers is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
▪ Storytime for toddlers is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
Zebulon Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Ready to Learn classes
The Eastern Region Ready to Learn program offers free classes at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com, or Janice Squires at 919-365-0921 or firstname.lastname@example.org.